Problems with Windows Server running 0.2X

Okay all. I'm sorry to be a burden here, but I run sa-mp servers for communities and such.

Well, a client requested for me to upgrade his server to the latest version tonight, and I tried doing that. Outcome: Failed.

Okay, so, I made a completely new folder on my server. (I'm running Windows Home Server - Same as Windows server 2003). We can run 0.2.3 (I guess that was your previous version - Correct me if I am wrong.). I am wondering why the newest version it will run..

Yes, these are the troubleshooting steps I have walked the client through so far.

Have you updated your SAMP client to the newest version?
His answer was yes.

If you guy's can post a solution that would by greatly appreciated.

We need some answers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_Brown
We need some answers!!
Wow douche bag.
Stay out of this. I'll handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCEnterprise
Quote:
We need some answers!!
Wow douche bag.
Stay out of this. I'll handle it.
Ummm.. Wtf

Quote:
Outcome: Failed.
How is anyone supposed to help you with that information? Not to mention you're either randomly being a dick to Brandon, or there's something more that should probably have been kept to PMs.

Stop the flames or the topic gets locked.

In what way did it "fail" ? Need a few more details.

Lol, Thats my brother anyways, The server runs, But when I hop in it, It keeps saying Trying to respond or failure to respond.. Help, On how to install v0.2X Server Files correctly

Quote:
It keeps saying Trying to respond or failure to respond...
It's probably not a software issue on the workstation or server, 99% chance it's a networking issue. If you're hitting it via WAN IP of the router, try LAN IP of the machine, or vice-verse. (and setup it's MAC as a static IP in DHCP config, if that's an option)

A lot of home router's IP Tables are not setup to allow internal machines to access other machines on the LAN, through the WAN IP. There are also some that completely isolate LAP IPs from each other.

Make sure you can at least ping your brother's machine either through LAN IP or WAN IP.

Quote:

Trying to respond or failure to respond...

Didn't this use to happen when 0.2.2 client tried to connect 0.2X server? Are you sure you've updated the client?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncajesse
Quote:
Outcome: Failed.
How is anyone supposed to help you with that information? Not to mention you're either randomly being a dick to Brandon, or there's something more that should probably have been kept to PMs.
Brandon's my little brother - He's another on that is having problems, but I am the one who's running it from the pc, so I'll be a dick to him all I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
Stop the flames or the topic gets locked.

In what way did it "fail" ? Need a few more details.
The flames will happen all they want sir. He is my little brother.

If I really wanted to flame, I'm sure SA-MP would know it.

Don't tell me to stop the "flames" cause they are not "flames".

Now, as to why it's failing, I think Brandon posted what it is doing above your post. Please read that. I'm not a experienced samp player myself, Just a host. I've play SA on the ps2 before but that's different I guess.

So. Please help us with anything you might know about the problem.

Thanks,
Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncajesse
Quote:
It keeps saying Trying to respond or failure to respond...
It's probably not a software issue on the workstation or server, 99% chance it's a networking issue. If you're hitting it via WAN IP of the router, try LAN IP of the machine, or vice-verse. (and setup it's MAC as a static IP in DHCP config, if that's an option)

A lot of home router's IP Tables are not setup to allow internal machines to access other machines on the LAN, through the WAN IP. There are also some that completely isolate LAP IPs from each other.

Make sure you can at least ping your brother's machine either through LAN IP or WAN IP.
Good ideal. I'll check this. I'm sure I have configured it right though because it use to work when we ran 0.22. Don't know though for sure. You guys probably have more knowledge at the samp server configs than myself.

K.
We got this problem fixed everyone.