Scripting Prices..

Hei,

Are there any post referring to scripting prices?
What should the prices be, when depending on the scripter experience and the coding level: low, middle, high.
A post regarding prices, will really help the ones who are paying for scripting.

Well, it really depends on many things. More experienced programmer (scripter) will take more money, but will write more understandable and cleaner code. While on the other hand, someone who is not that much into programming but knows how to do things - will take less money, but with messier code.

And it also depends on what do you need, for example one fully custom roleplay mode, with none already made filterscript nor gm will cost you from 100eur (~115usd) to 800eur (~925usd),

I would charge you ~600eur for fully custom roleplay written from scratch, of course, if you want something extraordinary (e.g SimCity like economy system), it will cost at least 100eur (which is also not that much if you look at amount of time developer spent developing it). But if you want simple admin system with 10 features it will cost you ~15eur

I script for fun out of my own time and don't charge anything, although I'm not an highly experienced scripter, it's just a hobby.

Well, its hard to trust someone. A few hundred or more would be the minimum for a great server, these $30 gamemodes are jokes. However, most people won't spend that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, its hard to trust someone. A few hundred or more would be the minimum for a great server, these $30 gamemodes are jokes. However, most people won't spend that
Not very true. If you find a quality scripter while he's bored and has a lot of free time they most likely would give you something good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
My view is that scripting is a highly skilled field, and most people here seem to ask less for it than they could get by working at McDonalds. When minimum wage teens are making more than you, there is something wrong in your pricing structure! As a result I don't quote fixed prices, I charge by time, and at a higher rate than those teens. Many people do charge less, and you should hope you can get one of them, as writing a whole RPG for a few hundred $/Ј/Ђ is a serious rip-off for the scripter - you are getting by FAR the better deal!
This: - especially if you write a whole gamemode by yourself with no help, and it extends 100000 lines(thats crazy - your giving up hours and possibly months of your life to help someone for a cheap amount of money).

In my opinion, your price should depend on the quality of the scripter and on the length needed to finish whatever you need scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
My view is that scripting is a highly skilled field, and most people here seem to ask less for it than they could get by working at McDonalds. When minimum wage teens are making more than you, there is something wrong in your pricing structure! As a result I don't quote fixed prices, I charge by time, and at a higher rate than those teens. Many people do charge less, and you should hope you can get one of them, as writing a whole RPG for a few hundred $/Ј/Ђ is a serious rip-off for the scripter - you are getting by FAR the better deal!
I get you - I also charge hourly, but to be hones this is not desktop or web application development, there is no big head bumping for security and other stuff. So to take 25$ (I'm from Serbia and that is really good price) looks a bit too much for SAMP users. Because most of them are teens that actually takes money from their parents, or from their savings, so I don't think anyone would pay you $25+ per hour, especially if they want RPG gm, that would take at least 2 months for 1 good scripter

Like me, here many guys script only for hobby/fun. On something like that i dont see any point sell the things. That is not the objective of this, that is why i advise everyone to study an litle this is not an hard thing to learn.

I only script for fun, I am having alot of fun when I am scripting :P