Report button

Hi,

What's the report button exactly for?

When I click it, it says
Quote:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Does this mean it's not for any other rule-breaking? (Eg. Double posting, rapid bumping, pointless posts to raise posts count, breaking any other forum rules)

It's just some default message. Use of the report button is also applicable in the cases you describe, because a) you don't have to post an off-topic post yourself and b) it's guaranteed the mods will see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentim
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi,

What's the report button exactly for?

When I click it, it says

Does this mean it's not for any other rule-breaking? (Eg. Double posting, rapid bumping, pointless posts to raise posts count, breaking any other forum rules)
I've been talking about the same thing on the other thread that you might have seen.

Common sense*

all kind of report are accepted. what must be your reporting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
rules are useless bro
What would you expect from newbies when high rollers says this?

To be honest I count all the things you just listed under the 'spam' part.

I'd like to add that I am not sure if beta testers even look into reports these days, I've reported a person like 4 times, and from what I can see nothing has happened. Anyways, the report button / system is used to report anything (within reason).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd like to add that I am not sure if beta testers even look into reports these days, I've reported a person like 4 times, and from what I can see nothing has happened. Anyways, the report button / system is used to report anything (within reason).
All my reports have been dealt with... I wonder, could it be because the person is in fact following the forum rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scones
Посмотреть сообщение
All my reports have been dealt with... I wonder, could it be because the person is in fact following the forum rules?
No: the person is not following any forum rules, I've reported him more than 6 times, I am sure many have too, and he hasn't even stopped at all.

Anyways, hopefully they will do something about the person I've reported, but yolo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
The mods don't tell you when they give the reported person an infraction or whatever, so you wouldn't know if he has received any or not. But yeah, there are a bunch of people who post nothing but crap because they keep getting away with it for some dumb reason.