Are you with a 'Moderator' rank?

Greetings, i know its an awkward question for me to ask however i'd like to know your opinion on having a 'Moderator' rank on a server preceding the 'Admin' rank.
Personally i do see it useless as i believe that someone who's trustworthy to be a mod is indeed enough to get his 'Admin' rank.
Other group of people whose i've been in contact with disagree as they do believe that the 'Moderator' rank is there for a trial, for the person to get to know the commands & how the system works, and get ready for his new level.

Please share your opinion if you don't mind!
Thank you.

It's completely USELESS.
Moderator rank is something used to see if a person is trustworthy or not? Nah.
Mod rank and admin level 1 are the same in some aspects. A mod can kick and warn and same goes for level 1.
Mod rank should rather be termed as "Helper rank" and shall have the ability to reply to help messages instead.
One more thing, If you can't trust somebody then why even hire them as am MOD?

Moderators are supposed to take care of the players, while the admins take care of the server.
At least that's my way of doing it. (although levels in staff is indeed useless)

Depends on what your server size, actually is...

If you have +50 players at times, you will need more admins. Rank is irrelevant, they're still working for you to make your server run more efficiently.

Moderators are very useful when you have over 100+ players.

Admins can deal with hackers and mega-rule breakers and overlook moderator's work.

I, personally, like the idea of having a 'moderator' rank before retrieving the 'administrator' rank. Why? for the reasons you stated above. Moderators are people who are on 'trial' and people who are exploring their new commands, the admin system and the way things work. If they prove themselves trustworthy and ready to acquire the admin rank, they can then get promoted.

You people aren't using the two words correctly. A moderator takes care of the community, while an administrator takes care of the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
You people aren't using the two words correctly. A moderator takes care of the community, while an administrator takes care of the server.
Not much to bloody expect, most of communities in SA-MP are ran in a uncivilized and anarchistic way where later on everyone puts a knife in each other backs.
What I fucking read here is a joke, at least only two people got it right meanwhile others just write it out from their arse.

Moderator is an essential staff position in a server. Mostly common and known in roleplay servers for many reasons however every server changes its rule on what the moderator position does. It all depends on where you go and what kind of sane person actually even runs the community.

Moderator itself is a position of where the Staff member controls the community in a low scale, technically speaking "a fucking scrub". Yes he does help out the administrators control the population in the servers, as we know hierarchy exists in RP servers he most likely will be told to go and do the job for the admins because they are too lazy to do that, because why when we have a knob head doing his best to prove himself he is worth being accepted into the Noble family of "Administrators" and then piss on the peasants.

In more common explanation. Moderator is a staff member who takes care of the low administrative work on the forums and the server. Moderator is a staff member that is a low rank in the administrative system, mostly either recruited to show his skills and passion of doing what he does and stay that way because there is no need for administrators or simply a staff member put in that position to show he is worth promotion.

Before you will storm in with "I OBJECT" take this into consideration. EVERY server has its own way of handling its Staff and the positions. Every server tends to be different however there are the servers that just don't give jackshit to even be unique and do it the stereotypical way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
Посмотреть сообщение
Moderators are supposed to take care of the players, while the admins take care of the server.
At least that's my way of doing it. (although levels in staff is indeed useless)
Moderators are supposed to moderate something. Administrators are supposed to manage something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
That's it. But many people get moderator rank to prove their selves as a future admin