Games crashing on main Windows account :(

Solution in post #4 below

Hi guys,

I'm aware that most people here have no idea what they're talking about, but I'm posting in hopes that the few people who can help, will try to.

As of yesterday, any game that I have tried to load will open and then crash before any text renders. I originally thought that it was a SA-MP issue but have since realised that it happens with lots of different games. It does not happen with Minecraft though.

I have tried SA-MP, CS:GO, CS:S, Gmod, and Minecraft. In all except Minecraft, the games start loading and are fine until there is text supposed to appear - and then they just close with no error messages.

A few of us have been trying to work it out for hours and have tried various things to no avail.

We thought that it might be a DirectX issue since it was only MC that worked, but after reinstalling DX and playing around with aspects of it, it hasn't changed anything. We also tried resintalling the default Windows fonts.

What DOES work is switching to a new Windows account. Everything loads fine there. I could just switch to a new account, but I'd really rather not do that. I want to know why this issue happened, and how to fix it on my main account.

I played SA-MP and CS:GO 2 days ago, so it's a new issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have seen on some forums that people have the same problem. They said that their games registry has been deleted so you shouls check that out. Also try updating .Net Framework and v
visual c++

After hours and hours of trying different things, we eventually (thanks to damo) discovered that a new update to my screen-recording software was crashing all of the games and apps that it associated with. Thank you to everyone who tried to help! Hopefully this thread can be left here in case anyone else has a similar issue.