High pings

Hey there! My SAMP was running normally and I was having fun. But, when I went on a server. I had really high pings, I usually have 100+ pings but this time it was like 500+. On every server, I have high pings and I have a great fast internet. The browsing works smooth and everything, just SAMP. Any help would be great!

Hmm, you must be far away from the server location (from where it's hosted). Or, you could turn off skype, because skype is a factor which causes more ping.

Script can cause high ping but because it's every server, I'd say it's got to do with Wifi... Connect via a cable.

It could be because of your distance from the host that's hosting the sa-mp server, I have 200+ ping on those kinds of servers or it could be that you're downloading something from uTorrent or generally downloading something which could raise your ping IG.

The server(s) Propaly are in other country so yeah it will rase the ping for an example if I'm from the UK and i played a server wich is hosted in australia i will get 200-300 ping Atleast and if it was hosted on the UK It would be 30-50 that's the problem with you...i think

You are far from the hosting place. Thats why you hot high ping

Well, I had like a nice and decent ping in the same server, and now I'm getting high ping. The server location is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farman
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I had like a nice and decent ping in the same server, and now I'm getting high ping. The server location is the same.
Do. You. Use. Wifi...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Do. You. Use. Wifi...........
I agree with you, wifi is not good for multiplayer sessions i suggest to use ethernet cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by www
Посмотреть сообщение
I agree with you, wifi is not good for multiplayer sessions i suggest to use ethernet cable
And it also is temperamental... Some random day there'll be interference, or the Wifi router will start having issues.

The worst thing about interference is it's irregular and it's also hard to track back sometimes. Someone could be using machinery, or an appliance that could cause interference.

Back in the day when Sky TV was on UHF over here, old fridges with butter conditioners would give off interference, however now most butter conditioners are simply a covered container in a fridge now, but the idea still stands that interference could be affecting it.