SA-MP crashing on connect - various error codes

SOLVED! Solution in post #3 below

Hello,

I'm aware that there is a thread for crashes and exception codes, but none of the ones I'm having issues with are listed there - or anywhere for that matter, as I have searched them all.

My issue is that when I try to connect to a server, the SA-MP loading screen loads, and then crashes when it switches to the "connecting to server" screen. This happens on every server that I've tried so far.

I don't have any mods of any kind, and never have.

I last played SA-MP a maximum of 5 days ago, so it has to be something that I have done to my computer within the last 5 days, but I haven't intentionally made any changes so I have no idea what could be wrong, and need some suggestions.

Things I have tried:

- reinstalling SA-MP
- reinstalling GTA SA
- renaming the directory
- launching from a different directory with a clean SA-MP install
- deleting gta_sa.set
- changing resolution from outside the game
- running in compatibility mode for xp and 98
- running SA-MP as admin
- running GTA SA as admin
- running both as admin
- running the Steam version with the patch
- turning off the anti-virus
- scanning the system with an anti-virus (nothing found)
- updating graphics card drivers

I have tried pretty much everything that anyone on this forum (and others) has ever listed.

It did work after restarting my computer, but then after I quit SA-MP and tried to rejoin an hour later, it no longer worked. I'm sure it'd work if I restarted again, but I'm not restarting my computer every time I want to play SA-MP.

It gives me a different error code each time. These are the ones I have so far:

Exception at address:
0x05BE7FA7
0x06107FA2
0x063A7FA2
0x061E7FA4
0x064D7FA4
0x05A47FA2
0x06357FA7
0x06407FA4
0x05D0FEE0
0x05A682E2
0x05A182E2
0x05BD82E7
0x05BD82E7
0x059E82E8

(I retried a lot of times in hopes of getting an error code that someone else had posted, but none of these are documented).

I should also note that a similar issue is happening with Counter-Strike:GO (the only other game I've tried so far) which I played 24 hours ago, so I'm assuming it is a PC issue rather than a SA-MP issue (admins feel free to move thread if necessary) but I'm hoping that someone can provide suggestions as to what the issue actually is.

I would really rather not have to do a system restore, and especially not a reformat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Go to user accounts (Control Panel), and make a new administrator/user account from there, and after creating the user account, log off from your current account account in windows. Login in the new created account, and re-install sa-mp, and play it again. unload all your GFX/skin/ENB mods, it may help. Try to restart PC, also. It may help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryo
Посмотреть сообщение
Go to user accounts (Control Panel), and make a new administrator/user account from there, and after creating the user account, log off from your current account account in windows. Login in the new created account, and re-install sa-mp, and play it again. unload all your GFX/skin/ENB mods, it may help. Try to restart PC, also. It may help.
I don't have any mods, and haven't ever had any. I also already addressed the "restarting PC" thing in my post. I appreciate the help, but please, if you aren't going to read the whole thing then don't post.

I will try the new user account, but even if it does work I'm not going to be switching to a different account every time I want to play the game - I want to fix the issue, not work around it.

UPDATE: It's happening on other games too so it's obviously not a SA-MP issue - will update this post when we figure it out so that anyone else who searches these error codes will have the solution too. We believe it's a DirectX issue at this stage.

UPDATE #2: SOLVED! After hours and hours of trying different things, we eventually (thanks to damo) discovered that a new update to my screen-recording software was crashing all of the games and apps that it associated with. Thank you to everyone who tried to help! Hopefully this thread can be left here in case anyone else has a similar issue.