Hosting

I have tried almost everything imaginable to get my server working. Port forwarding, DMZ, disabling my firewall, no-ip. Nothing works. So i need to know is buying a server similar to this? I want detailed description of this before i spend money on this. If someone could explain buying a server and slots from a site like the ones named in this topic and telling me how it works i would be HIGHLY appreciative.

lolz

Renting a server from the list you provided should be nothing like what you have done. All you do is basically pay for it, get the server information, upload the scripts needed(through), change the server.cfg, then start it!
I'm sure there's other detailed tutorials on this.

ok i just wanted to make sure that it was actually what i was thinking of. i didn't want to buy a server then turn out to be something else and waste money.

another question...

If I buy a server will I have to deal with port fowarding etc. Or can I upload and it will work? And does itupload via FTP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolz566
another question...

If I buy a server will I have to deal with port fowarding etc. Or can I upload and it will work? And does itupload via FTP?
Hell no, when you buy a server you will be given FTP to upload your files to. Any host that required extra port-forwarding would be a bad one

In fact once you payed for your server the actual server configuration is as simple as playing on a server, as the hoster is taking care of stuff like portforwarding

It's as simple as order, pay, set server name and gamemode, enjoy (at least at delux)

have purchased hosting via delux host. I recieved an email saying that would receive another email with my server info. I have yet to recieve that email. Where can I contact delux host?

http://www.delux-host.com/?go=delux.support

make sure to check your spam folder