Help for admins to detect cheats

Hi, I'm working on some guidelines for the admins in our server and to help our admins catch cheaters, I thought of making a list of the types of cheats there currently are, with a description and an explanation on how to detect them (not scriptwise but by human admins). However, I was wondering if there already is such a list or an overview available somewhere. Any ideas?

I tried searching through ****** and these forums but couldn't find anything so far, so my apologies if I missed it.

This is a repost cause the original topic got deleted because there was an argument by some people in the replies about what exactly I meant. I think any information of cheats can be useful, although it might be a bit pointless to sum up all the names of specific programs when they have the same effect. Naming specific programs might also bring people with bad intentions to ideas and nor the SA-MP forum admins, nor myself want that ofcourse.

In my last topic there wasn't anyone who knew about such a list yet, so I already started making one myself. It would be nice if we can complete and improve it together here.

Healthhacks
-Recovers your health or makes it impossible to lose health.
-Shoot the suspected player and watch if his health goes down. If it does, watch if he recovers it.

Armorhacks
-Gets you armor.
-Spectate the suspected player and see if he has armor where he normally can't get armor.

Troll hack
-Enables you to control cars of other players, you can make them fly at high speeds and put them on fire.
-Look for anyone who isn't affected by the hack as this might be the cheater. Check each suspected player individually by removing them from the others and see if the cheater is still there. Put a suspected player in a private world, go to that world and ram him to provoke him to use his cheats on you.

Weaponhacks
-Allows you to spawn weapons.
-Go to the suspected player and provoke him by shooting him with a weapon he normally can't get.

Aimbot
-Allows you to always hit someone when you shoot.
-Try to find out if the suspected player misses any shots at all. Try to get other players away from yourself and the suspected player so any shots that miss you can't be on someone else standing behind you. Pay attention to the direction the suspected player is aiming at and the direction of his bullet. A big difference could indicate aimbot.

Rapidfire
-Allows you to shoot as fast as a minigun with any weapon.
-Watch how fast the suspected player can shoot his bullets. Don't confuse this with c-bug, which will also allow you to shoot faster but not as fast as a minigun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVhD5SjlFgk

Airbreak/speedhacks
-Allows you to fly at high speeds.
-Watch the suspected player and see if he's flying or moving at a very high speed. Make sure you don't confuse it with flying with a jetpack (due to a synch error the jetpack may be invisible to you).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQfW8i6mavo

Fake kill hacks
-Shows lots of fake kills in the kill log with the cheater being the one who gets killed.
-Look at the kill log and see if the victim is always the same person.

Bot spawner
-Creates multiple bots joining a server.
-When it seems that many players are joining the server, check if their IP is the same and eventually if they have similar names.

Teleport hacks
-Allows you to teleport to anywhere you want.
-Spectate the suspected player and see if he's teleporting where he normally shouldn't be able to teleport.

This is what the mistake I see in many now-servers, a person who is able to shoot many times without missing his target doesn't mean he is using aimbot, There are two good ways to find out :
1 - Bullets and aim of the player : AimBot, When you use it, The bullets will follow the target even if you don't aim on him.
2 - While your target ( user of aimbot ) aiming on a person, teleport that person somewhere else and the aimbot user will change his aim.

Health hacks, don't blow or slap him, he may press on " 3 " which will kill him ( depends on your blow up type, it may not kill the target ), anyways try to change his health using /sethealth, he will get allerted that the server tried to change his heal to %s, But he can't do anything about it, I don't know any any kind of nobeit which can set your health as you wish.

Fast c-bug doesn't get the whole shoots effect, but rapide fire does.

A good idea would be for someone to actually create a thread or page with videos explaining the cheats and how to detect them and prevent them.

Useful indlformation.

My contribution is to tell you that they are cheats, not hacks. Calling them "health hacks" "speed hacks" etc makes your server look unprofessional and like the staff have no idea what they're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
Посмотреть сообщение
A good idea would be for someone to actually create a thread or page with videos explaining the cheats and how to detect them and prevent them.
The downside to that is that the cheaters then know how they're being stopped, and have more of a chance of finding a way around it. That's why the servers with good anticheat scripts keep them to themselves instead of publicising them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
My contribution is to tell you that they are cheats, not hacks. Calling them "health hacks" "speed hacks" etc makes your server look unprofessional and like the staff have no idea what they're talking about.
They are hacks. Some guy has hacked into the system to alter the mechanics of the game, whether that is infinite health or the ability to travel much faster than is usually possible.
Definition of hack/s: "gain unauthorized access to data in a system or computer". Calling someone a 'hacker' might be quite flattering, but they're not. They only downloaded a hack, but that's the term people use and I'm fine with it.

If the hacker is simply using airbreak on an empty server and not using any of the server commands, what is he then? He's certainly not cheating, the word cheating requires somebody having an advantage!

So, bashing servers which use the word 'hack' makes absolutely no sense, much like your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
They are hacks. Some guy has hacked into the system to alter the mechanics of the game, whether that is infinite health or the ability to travel much faster than is usually possible.
Definition of hack/s: "gain unauthorized access to data in a system or computer". Calling someone a 'hacker' might be quite flattering, but they're not. They only downloaded a hack, but that's the term people use and I'm fine with it.

If the hacker is simply using airbreak on an empty server and not using any of the server commands, what is he then? He's certainly not cheating, the word cheating requires somebody having an advantage!

So, bashing servers which use the word 'hack' makes absolutely no sense, much like your post.
We'll agree to disagree then, as I think that crediting someone as a "hacker" when they took 20 seconds to download and install a program, with which they can press a button to fly, is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
We'll agree to disagree then, as I think that crediting someone as a "hacker" when they took 20 seconds to download and install a program, with which they can press a button to fly, is ridiculous.
I agree with that, I mentioned that in my post btw (but I think I edited it in afterwards so I don't blame you if you didn't see it).

They're using hacks, but they're not a hacker. They're only a cheater if they're using it for an advantage though. But sure, agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
They're only a cheater if they're using it for an advantage
I don't see how any of the cheats could be used without the intention of gaining an advantage. Even if, as per your example, they were in an empty server and used cheats to airbrake, that's still gaining an advantage because the ability to airbrake didn't exist without the cheats.

I understand both ways of thinking; they're not always cheaters cause they don't always use their software to get an advantage over other players, and they're not hackers cause they don't hack anything themselves. But then how should we call them? I used these names cause those are their most common names, what everyone calls them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clad
Посмотреть сообщение
2 - While your target ( user of aimbot ) aiming on a person, teleport that person somewhere else and the aimbot user will change his aim.
What exactly do you mean with 'change his aim'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clad
Посмотреть сообщение
Fast c-bug doesn't get the whole shoots effect, but rapide fire does.
Sorry for being a noob but what is the whole shoots effect exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake187
Посмотреть сообщение
True, that's pretty much the idea of this topic though.