Windows 8 64 bit won't launch

Hey guys,

I've recently bought a new laptop that runs on Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

I've installed GTA:SA and I have no issues running the game in single player mode.

I've successfully downgraded the patch, installed San Andreas Multiplayer...

HOWEVER, when I try to connect to a server, I receive an error message telling me the following:

Followed by a message saying it's 'unable to execute'

I have the game on an old laptop using Windows 7 (32 bit) without any issues and I previously played the game on Windows Vista (32 bit) before my old computer broke.

However, no luck using 64 bit.

Please help! Thanks.

Well, obviously you could get the 32bit version or find a version of the game that can run in 64 bit.

Sounds like a corrupted binary, seeing as it's not a 16-bit executable.

I will help you to open your GTA sa in windows 8.

Fist of all you need to go to gta sa directory, then right click on SA-MP.exe and selec proprties. In Properties find Run Capability mode and select Windows 98/ Me.

Here you go... ENJOY

There are a few things you can do.

1. Change compatibility mode of either gta_sa.exe or preferabily samp.exe, or both, try changing it to Windows XP Service Pack 3, if it doesn't work then to Windows 98.
More here.

2. I can see that you used a downgrader. Does singleplayer work AFTER you downgraded the game? Or just multiplayer doesn't? You can download v1.0US executable here or a different one here or choose which one here. Don't worry, it's not illegal.

3. If none of the above works, the only thing I can say to you is to download the v1.0US full game off the internet.

And if you get some mouse problems that can happen on Windows 7 and Windows 8, the solution is here;
http://preferredbypete.com/pc-games/...bit-vista.html