[Map] Snow in Los Santos (no mods, just objects)

General:

Here's the snow map in Los Santos city. Total object count is 821. The code is in the "CreateDynamicObject" format (streamer plugin), so you'll need the streamer plugin. Snow covers the whole Los Santos and some small parts outside of Los Santos.

Problem report:

If you encounter a snow object with incorrect rotation, then please report it.

Video:

Screens:

At night:

Image 1 - Image 2 - Image 3 - Image 4 - Image 5
Image 6 - Image 7 - Image 8 - Image 9 - Image 10

At day:

Image 1 - Image 2 - Image 3 - Image 4 - Image 5

Download:

Great.

i like the idea.. but
im working on the same thing for mount chilliad and surrounding lands.
U should use different texturechanges for roads and other parts of the map just cause of the snow texture is at some places looking weird and not as good as it can be

.. as in the video u drive against walls and some buildings are just snow texture at its side and that stuff.

next problem is that some objects LOD object is above the retextured normal object which im preventing by deleting the object and its LOD object by removebuildingforplayer. Bug shown in video 6:46.

Ofcourse thats alot more work but totally worth it

Im using this texture for roads and some ways aswell : 3904, "libertyfar", "LO1road_128", 0xFFFFFFFF
And this texture for snowy walls or rocky grounds : 10820, "roadbridge_sfse", "ws_oldpainted2", 0xFFFFFFFF
maybe this well help u out improving the area.

+ the way u did it i ask u to move all them objects +0.01 or such on the z axis and make the textures alpha bout 0xCCFFFFFF
by that the underneaths texture will still be shown a bit but having a snowy look

Greate map.
----------------
I ja sam radio na ovome ali u manjoj kolicini, pokrio sam neka brda,ceste,trgove...
Svaka cast. Poseti link u mom opisu novi forum, ali odlicno napreduje.(ako zelis naravno)

Nice one

Amazing! I love it!
You did removal of objects and the same objects were used again and textured, right?
This gave me a great idea!

There are no object removal functions in the script. I don't get it. You can actually retexture the origian map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
There are no object removal functions in the script. I don't get it. You can actually retexture the origian map?
You can copy the objects from the original map and retexture them.

Correlli will this affect gameplay,fps? I'm afraid if this will cause LAG.

How did you even do this?

I like it, can you add a pastebin link?

ahh...so you're streaming the same object over a slightly higher altitude, and replace all the existing textures with new ones. Brilliant!

Doesn't it cause lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
Correlli will this affect gameplay,fps? I'm afraid if this will cause LAG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ib95
Посмотреть сообщение
Doesn't it cause lag?
821 objects retextured at every index and spread across whole Los Santos - yes, it will. If you plan to use something like this on your server, don't retexture too many objects. Some roads and buildings should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonia5
Посмотреть сообщение
How did you even do this?
Copy the objects from the original map (you can use JernejL's REAL Map Editor for that) and retexture them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNyuuu
Посмотреть сообщение
I like it, can you add a pastebin link?
Sure, here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
ahh...so you're streaming the same object over a slightly higher altitude, and replace all the existing textures with new ones. Brilliant!
Correct.

Love it.

Fonia, I had the exact same question.

Great and useful

nice

Nice man

Excellent, well done.

I love it, any plans of expanding this to the entire GTA map? If you are still active with it