Small question: How to handle VIP purchases?

This is a very early question, but I thought I should ask.

What are some ways to handle VIP purchases?

Say I want to offer VIP packages for my server for purchase through PayPal. What are some easy ways to handle the transaction and be certain that the purchaser gets the order. Would I just go and ask someone what their paypal account is and verify that they payed the proper amount? I'm not sure how the process works.

Also, I'm not sure I have the ability to make the transaction automated.

You could make those Paypal buttons ? :P

Well you can ask paypal to make a button for you, you add it on your forum as script and they can donate by there, then ss their transcrations throught paypal, send you the screenshot etc..
If this seems useful, please rep me.

You can use the PayPal's IPN feature; documentation can be found here - https://www.paypalobjects.com/websta...f/ipnguide.pdf

I'd suggest making it automated. Once their order is confirmed through something such as what Lordzy gave you; then give them what they ordered. Keep everything organized, and make sure you log every transaction / order properly for future references. Make sure you clearly make policies for things such as refunds, etc. Make your system non-exploitable.

There isn't any way to automate payment from PayPal to immediately give them their package, or at least it isn't easy. You can guarantee that you will give the player their benefits within 24 hours of purchase, that should be good enough.