Radio help

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know is it possible to connect iTunes radio to a server ? I have a radio system in my server and i want it to play songs in the itunes radio station is it possible

And another question

How can i host it myself i mean i will store some songs on a vps and then I'll connect it to the server is it possible?

indeed, it is possible.
As long as you have a URL leading to a playable sound file/stream that is.

but well, im not 100% sure if it'll work.
what if iTunes radio exchanges some kind of acknowledgement between it and the client
before playing, ensuring that the client is a "valid" client for iTunes radio?
you gotta try and play around, noone can say 4 sure until they figured it out :/

edit: apple says it requires iTunes 11.1 (or later)
so i bet there is some kind of acknowledgement exchanged, ensuring that
the request was made by an iTunes client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutX
Посмотреть сообщение
indeed, it is possible.
As long as you have a URL leading to a playable sound file/stream that is.

but well, im not 100% sure if it'll work.
what if iTunes radio exchanges some kind of acknowledgement between it and the client
before playing, ensuring that the client is a "valid" client for iTunes radio?
you gotta try and play around, noone can say 4 sure until they figured it out :/

edit: apple says it requires iTunes 11.1 (or later)
so i bet there is some kind of acknowledgement exchanged, ensuring that
the request was made by an iTunes client.
Got it, +Rep

but how to do it when I'm storing some songs on my vps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
Got it, +Rep

but how to do it when I'm storing some songs on my vps?
you could install SHOUTcast on that VPS and create your own radio stream like this
but honestly, idk how to do all that never had a VPS before, or did anytihng radio-streaming-related-thingy
just looked it up and came to the conclusion that that's the proper way to set up a "radio" stream

see this for more information on SHOUTcast: http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcast-tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutX
Посмотреть сообщение
you could install SHOUTcast on that VPS and create your own radio stream like this
but honestly, idk how to do all that never had a VPS before, or did anytihng radio-streaming-related-thingy
just looked it up and came to the conclusion that that's the proper way to set up a "radio" stream

see this for more information on SHOUTcast: http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcast-tools
Thanks mate