SA-MP 200,000 Player server..

Just a thought that came across my mind while masturbating a pickle..

Imagine if there was a server capable of handling every single member registered on the sa-mp forums. Imagine a server that can handle 200,000 players. The whole of SA-MP together on a server just doing events or maybe even roleplaying..

Im no server expert so i dont even know if thats possible.. I suppose it should be possible, if a web server can host a forums with 200k members why wouldnt a game server be able to do the same?

The gaming experience would be priceless, the population if it was a roleplay server would be near enough realistic as it could get. I mean everyone heard of servers like LS-RP which have around 500 players active, but imagine 200,000 players active? wouldnt the roleplay be more realistic? imagine being a big dog in a server with 200,000 people or maybe the mayor? or police chief with a realistic amount of officers to patrol different areas, i mean the possibilities are endless.

I havent yet come across such a server, do appologise if it does excist haha its just a interesting though, which brings me back to my previous post about each samp forums member donating a doller, if all 200,000 members donated 1$ surely 200,000$ is enough to host such a server? i mean you might have to buy expensive server hardware and so on maybe backup systems or someshit but end of the day $200k should just about cover that right?

I myself think this would be a pretty interesting project, what do you guys think?

You don't think that's everyone's aim? Don't you think if it were that easy to get so many players, people would have already? Besides that, there aren't even active 200,000 SA-MP players. http://samp.popznet.com/

*Runs into a pickle bank*
*Pulls out a chainsaw dildo*

FOR EVERY REP+ I GET, IL LET A PICKLE GO...!!

Also i dont mean a server hosted by some random person, i mean a official SA-MP server, perhaps scripted into the launcher itself so you dont have to search for it, something thats so well know that every samp player has to drtag themselfs in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyMofo
Посмотреть сообщение
*Runs into a pickle bank*
*Pulls out a chainsaw dildo*

FOR EVERY REP+ I GET, IL LET A PICKLE GO...!!

Also i dont mean a server hosted by some random person, i mean a official SA-MP server, perhaps scripted into the launcher itself so you dont have to search for it, something thats so well know that every samp player has to drtag themselfs in..
This made me miss the negative reputation...

We may not see this on samp. However in future it can come on other open world game which would be far better than San Andreas in terms of gameplay.

Pickle abuse aside, this is a near impossible feat.

Firstly, good luck finding and paying for hardware that can support 200k concurrent players on a gameserver. You really can't compare this to having 200k concurrent users on a website as web servers use significantly fewer resources for each client. Yes, it's true that the SA-MP forums has 200k users registered but there have never been anywhere close to 200k users online at the same time (in fact this is far beyond what the SA-MP forums could handle).

Secondly, the SA-MP server software is not multi-threaded, so even if you find a super high-end server with many cores, the SA-MP server software will not be able to take advantage of it. SA-MP is also not designed nor optimized for that many concurrent players so it will most likely crash.

Then you also have to worry about finding a network which can support 200k concurrent connections sending millions of packets per second. Of course there is the fact that there are way less than 200k people that play SA-MP on a regular basis and an even smaller portion that would be willing to join. There is also the logistics of trying to get that many people to be online at the same time which is a complete nightmare. Despite all of that, you will have thousands of people (probably more) using cheats, trying to DDoS your server, etc.

TL; DR: LEAVE PICKLES ALONE!

200,000 is impossible, but something like 5,000 would be a thrill.

200,000 players, around 50,000 admins and 1 owner + the maturity of the most of samp players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
200,000 players, around 50,000 admins and 1 owner + the maturity of the most of samp players
100,000 cheaters, 25,000 trolls, 15,000 spammers, 5000 bots, 4999 players and all of them are complaining about lags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't think that's everyone's aim? Don't you think if it were that easy to get so many players, people would have already? Besides that, there aren't even active 200,000 SA-MP players. http://samp.popznet.com/
Not at all.

I think 200k would actually be too much. By a long way.