We want mac client!

I want it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privies
Посмотреть сообщение
I ment to say SA-MP. GTA isn't free, but most of the players just downloaded it(It least Russian community)

SA-MP isn't dying. Compare to previous years, SA-MP has much more players. Mac isn't design for gaming, I can't argue with that and I'm didn't bought it for gaming. But looking now at the situation now, people still play games on mac, because they want to do that. On my macbook, I have not really bad videocard(Geforce 330m). I didn't say, that mac players would have 50% of all SA-MP players. Mac users are usually 1%-5%(depend on the game) If we would take SA-MP online, get a percent, it would be 500 players. I think we would see the increase in online.
I never said SA:MP was dying. But the odds it will last more than 5 years are unlikely. And no, 50% is WAY too high. Out of a 100 player server, maybe 1 or 2 people play on a mac. 50% would be 1 in 2, and out of all the people I have on skype that play SA:MP (A good 50 at least), not one of them even owns a mac.

There is a bunch of bullshit posted above, but this is what I think.

OS X's version of SA is either 1.01 or newer. There has never been a version 1.00 for OS X. Since (afaik) there are many complications with making SA-MP work for windows versions 1.01+ of SA, I sooner see a SA-MP version for v1.01+ than for different platforms, since that wouldn't include writing a client for other platforms, only rewriting some parts of the mod. As far as I know, there aren't even any/many mods for the OS X version of SA-MP.

For those saying Mac wasn't made for gaming, Windows wasn't either. Yet there is software, such as direct x and OpenGL to help with drawing graphics(both available on windows, OpenGL on macs). Since windows desktops are rather more used by youths than macs, I expect gamers are more often seen using windows desktops, therefore games are most of the time designed for windows.

No, we do not. Speak for yourself.

Btw I have the same opinion mellnik has, it won't happen, i want it to but it won't

PC masterrace.

If you want us, or me specifically to be honest with you. It took them a while just to create SA-MP. I doubt they'd want to take a lot of time once more just to create another one for Mac. Anyways, I support the idea, but I am just being honest with you.

Good luck on trying to get this going, cause honestly, it wouldn't be that important to players either.

ProjectMan, i guess ikkentim explained good about games on mac. You're not correct
Krexx, it's not a new SA-MP, as GWMPT said: "the deal would be the same on Mac like it is on Windows, however the SA-MP team would need to find the memory addresses on linux to make this mod work on a cross-platform environment."

Good thinking, I know a few people who played SA-MP but now... They got Macs! :P

#MacClient2k14AndFuture2k15

Just go and buy Windows PC/Laptop instated of making SA-MP version on mac, I disagree this IDEA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentim
Посмотреть сообщение
There is a bunch of bullshit posted above, but this is what I think.

OS X's version of SA is either 1.01 or newer. There has never been a version 1.00 for OS X. Since (afaik) there are many complications with making SA-MP work for windows versions 1.01+ of SA, I sooner see a SA-MP version for v1.01+ than for different platforms, since that wouldn't include writing a client for other platforms, only rewriting some parts of the mod. As far as I know, there aren't even any/many mods for the OS X version of SA-MP.

For those saying Mac wasn't made for gaming, Windows wasn't either. Yet there is software, such as direct x and OpenGL to help with drawing graphics(both available on windows, OpenGL on macs). Since windows desktops are rather more used by youths than macs, I expect gamers are more often seen using windows desktops, therefore games are most of the time designed for windows.
I agree wid u

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyX
Посмотреть сообщение
Just go and buy Windows PC/Laptop instated of making SA-MP version on mac, I disagree this IDEA.
This is not just for me, this is for SA-MP community.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
This is not just for me, this is for SA-MP community.
He might be thinking that windows can Be installed on mac

Just boot into windows.

TRTDM and Khanz, people usuaully buy mac,because they're light and for MacOS. Would be disgustingly to have windows on Mac.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
TRTDM and Khanz, people usuaully buy mac,because they're light and for MacOS. Would be disgustingly to have windows on Mac.
Then if they buy it just for Mac they shouldnt worry about playing SAMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not like that. Windows wasn't created for games too, but people just used to do that. Situation for mac is the same, it's not gaming pc, but you can play games there, of course if you port them.
Like WOW, it's working very good, I have 60 FPS on high graphics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSwezVotra
Посмотреть сообщение
Good thinking, I know a few people who played SA-MP but now... They got Macs! :P
You guys thinking from the side, that Macs doesn't take lots of audience, that's true, but. For develepers it's better when you have more audience, then less. You can get more money or more pleasure when you have lot's of players on you server. AlexSwezVotra, explained very good, that audience can degree, because of this.

Would be great! but I think that this will not happen because Kalcor and Spookie not know how to reverse the game in Mac OS X (or maybe yes?).