SA-MP / WebHosting - Company

Hello,

Well, me and a friend were just wondering. Is it legal in "United States/Israel" to make a site (not an company) that offers samp servers & webhosting w/support.

Regards,
MD5

It's completely legal to do that in most countries so don't worry. Why wouldn't it be?

Was just wondering. Because a lot of people are telling me; "If you own a website that makes profit, then you must make it a business."

Anything that involves money is a business. But yeah, that's perfectly legal. My suggestion is read up on VAT while it's still early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyll
Посмотреть сообщение
Anything that involves money is a business. But yeah, that's perfectly legal. My suggestion is read up on VAT while it's still early.
Is it even more legal to just offer SA-MP servers without a site? But, still give access to everything.

It's legal but'd be a VERY shady way of doing business. And if your would probably want clients to have control panel's for their services, etc.

But as far as I know it isn't illegal. You should how-ever consult with a lawyer if you're not sure or need legal advice. Laws differ in areas, so local lawyers would know if anything was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
It's legal but'd be a VERY shady way of doing business. And if your would probably want clients to have control panel's for their services, etc.

But as far as I know it isn't illegal. You should how-ever consult with a lawyer if you're not sure or need legal advice. Laws differ in areas, so local lawyers would know if anything was wrong.
I'm not even old enough to start a business. But legal wise, as long as I know providing "SA-MP" servers with support is legal. Then things should be good, but will also include VAT.

I wouldn't worry about the legal side of things until your "website" starts generating a profit which is more than your average child's pocket money per week.

- Go ahead with what you want to do, it's legal but once you start earning a considerable amount you'll need to read up on VAT, TAX and other things - but I wouldn't worry about that for a while.

I assume if your making such a site then it'll be fine. How-ever; I believe you probably need a license to sell domains legally although this isn't something I'd know of.

Look you don't have to pay taxes until a certain threshold depending on your earnings, but after that you will have to, so just take care of this.
Rest it is totally legal to open a company but make sure to specify privacy policy etc. Also.