Hello. I have bought a VPS server (for a good deal, under $10), that has a 'Xeon E5 Virtual CPU' along with 1GB Dedicated Memory, 40GB SSD Storage, and 1 Dedicated IP address. Also, it is running Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter Version. I am wondering on how I would be able to set up multiple servers on this. One of them, would have ten player slots, as it is strictly for a small 3MB mapping script, and won't have more then five members on an usual basis. Also, how fast would that run? What if I wanted to put another SA-MP server for my actual roleplay script allowing 50 Player Slots? Would that be fine? And how would I integrate a website from Hostgator, and use that on the FTP with the domain that I bought with the package at Hostgator?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks!

SA-MP is not resource intensive, so if you want to run multiple servers on your VPS it should be OK. Just be sure to use two different ports. To do that, you would just run two servers normally but with two different ports. You would probably want to use 7777 for the RP server and something like 7776 for the mapping server.

I don't get what you're trying to say with the website integration. Do you mean having a subdomain like samp.yourdomain.com:port? If so you need to make an addon domain in your cPanel and go into the advanced DNS editor and change the IP that your subdomain points to accordingly.

If you can elaborate on what you mean by integration, I can surely assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by factionkiller
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP is not resource intensive, so if you want to run multiple servers on your VPS it should be OK. Just be sure to use two different ports. To do that, you would just run two servers normally but with two different ports. You would probably want to use 7777 for the RP server and something like 7776 for the mapping server.

I don't get what you're trying to say with the website integration. Do you mean having a subdomain like samp.yourdomain.comort? If so you need to make an addon domain in your cPanel and go into the advanced DNS editor and change the IP that your subdomain points to accordingly.

If you can elaborate on what you mean by integration, I can surely assist you.
I have a domain and a web host from HostGator. That domain was bought and is running by that website. I am wondering if I can set up that website on my VPS with the same domain, or even if it is possible at all. I wish to send the HostGator files for the website onto my VPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKyle
Посмотреть сообщение
I have a domain and a web host from HostGator. That domain was bought and is running by that website. I am wondering if I can set up that website on my VPS with the same domain, or even if it is possible at all. I wish to send the HostGator files for the website onto my VPS.
Hi, no. That is not possible. You can only host your website on HostGator (especially if you bought your domain there). If you want to host your website on your VPS you need to install some kind of web server like Apache or Litespeed along with PHP, Perl and MySQL if you wish to use MySQL (which you probably would if you want to run a forum).

*note that's a very simplified explanation of what you would need to do to make your domain be compatible with your VPS

In short, you're better off using HostGator until you gain more applicable experience with dealing with things such. Also, I don't think your VPS would be able to handle alot of traffic especially with all of the stuff you would need running in the background, that 1GB ram would be gone almost instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by factionkiller
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi, no. That is not possible. You can only host your website on HostGator (especially if you bought your domain there). If you want to host your website on your VPS you need to install some kind of web server like Apache or Litespeed along with PHP, Perl and MySQL if you wish to use MySQL (which you probably would if you want to run a forum).

*note that's a very simplified explanation of what you would need to do to make your domain be compatible with your VPS

In short, you're better off using HostGator until you gain more applicable experience with dealing with things such. Also, I don't think your VPS would be able to handle alot of traffic especially with all of the stuff you would need running in the background, that 1GB ram would be gone almost instantly.
Alright, I will keep my website on HostGator as it only costs $3-$4. One more question... Would I be able to run a TS3 server along with the other two servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKyle
Посмотреть сообщение
Alright, I will keep my website on HostGator as it only costs $3-$4. One more question... Would I be able to run a TS3 server along with the other two servers?
Most likely, yes. As I said before, SA-MP does not use alot of resources. You can probably host 75 slots on your RP server and 20 on your mapping one if you really wanted to along with 50 slots on your TS3 server.