[Question] Is Hosted Tab safe?

Hello:

Recently I saw many posts complaining about a Hosted Tab bug... I am owner of a zombie server and I was interested in buying Hosted Tab, so I would like to know if Hosted Tab is safe?

Thanks for your attention and your time

Sorry if this is the wrong section, please move this thread if it is not the right section.

Nothing is going to happen. Wether it's hosted or not, a ddoser can always attack you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
Посмотреть сообщение
Nothing is going to happen. Wether it's hosted or not, a ddoser can always attack you.
the hosted tab will display your server, which to be honest, I doubt a lot of people utilize it. But it gives a clear attack for 12 year olds thinking they're a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Z
Посмотреть сообщение
you won't get a virus from it but boy oh boy does it get you server full attacks lately... ;/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabloa
Посмотреть сообщение
What I mean is... It works? Will my server appear on Hosted Tab?

About attacks, I have protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygzeb
Посмотреть сообщение
What I mean is... It works? Will my server appear on Hosted Tab?

About attacks, I have protection.
the hosted tab itself works, the only time I've heard about it disappearing was due to using a dodgy hosting company

https://www.******.com.au/search?q=c...orum.sa-mp.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
Посмотреть сообщение
the hosted tab itself works, the only time I've heard about it disappearing was due to using a dodgy hosting company

https://www.******.com.au/search?q=c...orum.sa-mp.com
The hosted tab is very dangerous right now, the new attack of massive incoming connections are happening to the servers listed on that tab and there's not any solution to the "normal owners" at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSanchez
Посмотреть сообщение
The hosted tab is very dangerous right now, the new attack of massive incoming connections are happening to the servers listed on that tab and there's not any solution to the "normal owners" at this time.
It seems servers have found a solution.

I've 4 servers,
I closed them like a boss because of the new attack.
Note: my four servers was on the hosted tab.

The hosted tab isn't dangerous, nor does it pose any threats. It just makes your server more likely to be targeted by people with no social lifes. If you have good management / leadership skills you will be able to find a solution that works with your host as many big servers have.

Hosted tab is just a listing, and because of that you get some players, the protection is the matter of host not the listing, try to get a better host, or a VPS.