Tabbing problems

So I've been playing SAMP for about 2 years now and never had any real issues i couldn't fix. But i can't seem to get rid of this one issue. Once i log onto SAMP and start playing and i tab out i cannot tab back in. I just click the SAMP IG logo on my toolbar and my screens turn black for about 2 second and then goes back to my browser. I do not have any kind of mods installed and i've tried reinstalling the game multiple times. If someone could help that'd be great and I'm also not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Do you have the original files of GTA SA, or a version downloaded from the internet?
I had this problem in the past, when I was running SA-MP by using a pirated version of GTA SA.
Once I was tabbing out the game, I couldn't get back in, so I had to restart the game every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N3X
View Post
Do you have the original files of GTA SA, or a version downloaded from the internet?
I had this problem in the past, when I was running SA-MP by using a pirated version of GTA SA.
Once I was tabbing out the game, I couldn't get back in, so I had to restart the game every time.
I got it off of steam and used this tutorial to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freson01
View Post
I got it off of steam and used this tutorial to install it.
There should be another problem. What are your PC specs?
A low amount of RAM may lead to a black screen until the game reloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N3X
View Post
There should be another problem. What are your PC specs?
A low amount of RAM may lead to a black screen until the game reloads.
I highly doubt it are my specs causing the problem since it's been running fine till like 2 months ago.
anyways here are my specs:

Do you press ESC before alt-tabbing? That's important.
Also disabling the theme in the compatiblity settings of your gta_sa.exe can fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
Do you press ESC before alt-tabbing? That's important.
Also disabling the theme in the compatiblity settings of your gta_sa.exe can fix this.
Yes i did press esc but that didn't work either.
And how do i acces the compatibility setting in GTA_SA.exe?

right click your gta_sa.exe - properties (most bottom entry) - compatiblity and there you can disable the theme.
I don't know if it's called theme there because I have a different system language.

PS: It's called "Disable visual themes"

You can also try to set the compatibility mode to WinXP SP2/3

Having the same issue sometimes.
I can fix it by going to my desktop first, and click the GTA:SA:MP again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresh
View Post
Having the same issue sometimes.
I can fix it by going to my desktop first, and click the GTA:SA:MP again.
I closed everything and opened up the SAMP launcher and went in game. Still nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
View Post
right click your gta_sa.exe - properties (most bottom entry) - compatiblity and there you can disable the theme.
I don't know if it's called theme there because I have a different system language.

PS: It's called "Disable visual themes"

You can also try to set the compatibility mode to WinXP SP2/3
I had them disabled, i enabled winXP SP2 and nothing happened