[HELP] SA-MP special launcher for server

How to make something like this ? Please tutorial ?
( you can see, and download at http://noobot.info/download/ )
special launcher for server ?
is this imposible to make in Visual Studio ?

What's wrong with the SA-MP program? I mean seriously, I don't see the point.

of course its possible.
just the design would be the time consuming part.
But like everyone else says, why make this.
Users will not trust it as much, it will be slower, less effective. just....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
Exactly what I was thinking..
It's simple and easy to use already?

You can use execution parameters and something such as Visual Basic or C.

SAMP.exe is basically like a website. It has certain "pages", otherwise known as execution parameters. As far as I know there are only 2 parameters(whereas the latter is optional).

Parameters:
Server IP
Port
Example with both parameters:
Code:
samp.exe 127.0.0.1 7777
Example without a port parameter:
Code:
samp.exe 127.0.0.1
It is important to know that the name is in the registry. (The reg key is SOFTWARE/SAMP).

Then it's a matter of visual work. Note; you'll probably want to validate that SOFTWARE/SAMP exists and has a valid SAMP installation path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by park4bmx
View Post
it will be slower, less effective. just....
The sa-mp server browser is horribly made so you can easily make a custom launcher more efficient (multithreaded for starters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
The SA-MP program design is too simple, and looks kind of old, maybe the owner wants a more complex design that fits with the server. Also what I notice in this one is that it comes with a keybinder, that's very smart, an all-in-one software for your players

The password part is not possible using conventional methods I believe.

Here's what I would do:

Once the user inputs their username (Eg: "Schurman") and password into the input boxes, generate a random alphanumerical string with a random size between 15 and 23 characters. Eg: NyjU66PHukobfcz09

When the user clicks "Join," send this string to a MySQL database or directly to the server, along with the username and hashed password entered by the user.

Edit the registry to set the player's name to "NyjU66PHukobfcz09"

Open SA-MP and join the server. When the user is connected to the server, grab the real username and password matching the key ("NyjU66PHukobfcz09").

Change the player's name (eg "NyjU66PHukobfcz09" to "Schurman") and log them in with the password that the server received from the launcher.

This is basically cheating and using the one available user-changeable SA-MP server parameter to send extra information to the server.

You could also use this method to set in-server settings in the launcher. Simply include them when you send the username and password to the server, and they can be retrieved when the user joins.

Since the keys would be visible for a small period of time after the player joins, you would want to make sure that the key expires shortly after the player joins, or even better, exactly when the player joins. This prevents malicious players from trying to join using another player's launcher-generated key.

but can someone can make tutorial for me and help me ? i'm designer, and i already have a project(design)

i'm don't use the option "Password" only Username

It is possible with visual studio, just you've to take sometime in the design, as park4bmx said. Nevertheless, I think, there's no need of this shitty things.

Because, when we run this programs, there's a parameter "samp.exe 182.323.42.1" or something, so it's directly/indirectly connected to our SA-MP program, which re-directs' us to the sa-mp client, to add that server in our favorites.

I know one more shit, when you open/start the program, it has options, "Play now","Add to favorites" and I don't know, but it comes. And, after choosing the "add to favorites", you'll get an error (if SA-MP is running), a instance of SA-MP is already running. So, what's the point behind it. In my opinion, "Copy & Pasting" IP is much more better than wasting your time in this shits. Just do one thing, 'select' the IP, and use "CTRL+C" and after clicking on Icon, and you're done. Sorry for going that deep, xD.