Add all columns in MySQL?

I want to work out how many hours all the players have been connected for all together by adding all the hours from the database... how could I do this?

Hello Derexi,

You could create a column named connected_time (integer) (default to 0) inside your players table and save the data in seconds,

OnPlayerConnect you get the current time and set it to your players variable,

OnPlayerDisconnect you get the current time again and use to get the difference between the connect time and the current time, casting it to seconds, at the end just make sure to increment the value in the database when you save the player progress.

After that you could easyly create a command to show the time each player has been connected,

Hope it help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welderlourenco
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello Derexi,

You could create a column named connected_time (integer) (default to 0) inside your players table and save the data in seconds,

OnPlayerConnect you get the current time and set it to your players variable,

OnPlayerDisconnect you get the current time again and use to get the difference between the connect time and the current time, casting it to seconds, at the end just make sure to increment the value in the database when you save the player progress.

After that you could easily create a command to show the time each player has been connected,

Hope it help you.
I appreciate your help, but this isn't what I'm looking for. I've already made a system that counts and saves players' online time in seconds. I now want to add up each player's seconds together to get the total amount of seconds that all the players, collectively, have played in the server. Like this:

Table in MySQL database:
Код:
ID  | Name  |  Online_seconds
1      Bob       3600  +           <----- I need a code to add all these seconds
2      Tom       3240  +   
3      Sam       2100  = 8940   <----- to get this number

You can use SUM function to retrieve the sum of mentioned field from all rows.

Код:
SELECT SUM(field_name) FROM table_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derexi
Посмотреть сообщение
I appreciate your help, but this isn't what I'm looking for. I've already made a system that counts and saves players' online time in seconds. I now want to add up each player's seconds together to get the total amount of seconds that all the players, collectively, have played in the server. Like this:

Table in MySQL database:
Код:
ID  | Name  |  Online_seconds
1      Bob       3600  +           <----- I need a code to add all these seconds
2      Tom       3240  +   
3      Sam       2100  = 8940   <----- to get this number
In that case you can do exactly what Lordzy said,

You can retrieve the total of seconds right from the database:

Код:
select sum(`Online_seconds`) from `your_table`;