Virtualization??

Hey, i have a question, which virtualization software should i use for SA-MP Server and for MYsql database?? and What kind of OPSYSTEM??

Not sure what you mean by "virtualization software", but you can run SA:MP off both Linux based operating systems and Windows. Alternatively, you can go with a hoster.

Harold, my question was about Virtual Machines where i can put server on it to run, the good thing for Virtual Machine (Server )is that its hard to DDOS because it uses its own IPv4 Address

Softwares i was talking about VIRTUALBOX,WMware,Hyper-v?

Any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Coral
Посмотреть сообщение
Harold, my question was about Virtual Machines where i can put server on it to run, the good thing for Virtual Machine (Server )is that its hard to DDOS because it uses its own IPv4 Address

So, what you're saying is if we have a vps, we're not ddos'ed?
If so, YOU are COMPLETELY wrong.

About the virtualization... There are difference between them.
If your willing to just host a SA-MP server, a vps running inside a openvz container is good enough.
The unique problem is the vps resources are shared, and these are used by other containers.
If you want dedicated resources, take a look on xen/kvm based vps's
These are fully virtualizated, with dedicated resources.

I wasnt sayng it isnt POSSIBLE -.- , i was sayng that is HARDER then just typing some commands into LINUX terminal and your DDOS is done.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I wasnt sayng it isnt POSSIBLE -.- , i was sayng that is HARDER then just typing some commands into LINUX terminal and your DDOS is done.
DoSing a VPS ran by you, and DoSing you is equally as easy. By getting a VPS you won't protect it at all, unless you get it somewhere with that form of protection and/or you manage your VPS in the correct way.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

The only difference between a virtual server and a physical one is that its virtual. You can still attack the virtual network interfaces and the server applications running on the virtual server in exactly the same way. The attacker really doesnt care if its a virtual or physical one, and usually he doesnt even know.

Having an own ipv4 address doesnt change a thing. Also, you wont just get a "free new address" when virtualizing an OS, you have to assign it to the virtual server, and therefore your phyiscal server also has to be accessible via that IP, else he couldnt forward it to the vps.

what host OS
are you willing to pay $$$

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

A real DDoS will swamp your router long before the attack gets to the actual host itself. VMs use their own IP, yes...but they use the host machine's network interface so an attack on the VM is still an attack on the host machine.

If the attack is big enough to swamp the router, it won't make a world of difference if its VM, hardware, linux, windows, ipv4 ipv6...just wont matter one bit.