Auctions website, need tips.

Oh hi, me and my team (almost 10 people), we're developing an auctions website like ebay, the project is at 1% progress ATM, so we need some tips. What would you like to see/have in this website?

Less selling fees? More power/security? Discuss. Suggestions are appreciated.

that would be better if you have more products + discounts and also security

To be honest, if you're gonna try make a website like ebay you're going to need to have a plan. You don't even have said plan so I doubt you'll get far. srynotsry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatshizms
Посмотреть сообщение
To be honest, if you're gonna try make a website like ebay you're going to need to have a plan. You don't even have said plan so I doubt you'll get far. srynotsry.
wow why are you trying to shatter his dreams u can open a weebsite without plan iits very easy bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
wow why are you trying to shatter his dreams u can open a weebsite without plan iits very easy bro
all you need is a team of 10 professional php coding indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face9000
Посмотреть сообщение
like ebay
So how do you tend to compete with them? What makes your service more attractive to me than eBay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
I once used a commercial website made by someone who had no sufficient plan, and after all I lost 1500Ђ because of that. Class action lawsuit is still running. Hundreds of people were affected and it actually caused a damage of several million euros.
The case is actually more complicated than just that, but I guess you definitely dont want to be the defendant in a case like this, just because you didnt plan stuff from the beginning.
So think about every single line of code even before you typed the very first character.

Changing your plans when parts of the code already are done is the perfect way to include leaks, exploits, and bugs.

I can give a lot of tips...
1. Encrypt as much data as possible, also when encrypting passwords, double encrypt or encrypt it with diffrent types of encryptions. Eg. Encrypting MD5 hash with whirlpool...
2. In the start, don't add adds, not a single ad, if your website isn't big, and there is ads, people wouldn't use it (i mean, then i would just stick to ebay and shit..)
3. You name and domain name must be simple to remember.
4. You logo, it has to be professional but more important, unique, think about ebay's logo, you remember it... my point exactly.
5. Selling fees, are you fucking kidding me? This is a big no, no.... instead of this you could a premium account system and ads (but only after your website is a little big.
7. Get a good lawyer to draw up a contract protecting you from get sued and shit.

Word of the day... UNIQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy
Посмотреть сообщение
I can give a lot of tips...
1. Encrypt as much data as possible, also when encrypting passwords, double encrypt or encrypt it with diffrent types of encryptions. Eg. Encrypting MD5 hash with whirlpool...
2. In the start, don't add adds, not a single ad, if your website isn't big, and there is ads, people wouldn't use it (i mean, then i would just stick to ebay and shit..)
3. You name and domain name must be simple to remember.
4. You logo, it has to be professional but more important, unique, think about ebay's logo, you remember it... my point exactly.
5. Selling fees, are you fucking kidding me? This is a big no, no.... instead of this you could a premium account system and ads (but only after your website is a little big.

Word of the day... UNIQUE
+1 this person knows what he is talking about

/s

Here's some actual advice: don't make an auction website. Instead, make a website where users can post classified ads for their local area.

Something like Kijiji. That way, you don't have to deal with all of the legal bullshit that comes along with allowing people to sell shit through you.

all you need is a unique script and you'll get all the players