[Tutorial] Faction system [Y_INI]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliBro
View Post
forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=390214 --- you just use this tutorial and u idn't change any thing u just replace gang to Faction LMFAO
Perhaps you should compare them, I wrote this out completely didn't use any threads. There are similarities but they are two different codes. On top of that I took time to explain what each line is doing. His/hers is a copy paste guide that doesn't explain much.

Good

+rep

good

thanks great tutorial

Good job, it's like my faction script.
Listen to this suggestion:

Make a stock for factions rank names, so in the radio command you can format a string and use FactionRank(playerid) to get the player rank

Also add a /fmembers list which show your faction members and if they are On duty or Off duty.
I use a stock and foreach to get online players with the same faction, and another stock to check the player duty status. At the end I put all these informations in a dialog and send it to the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucases
View Post
Good job, it's like my faction script.
Listen to this suggestion:

Make a stock for factions rank names, so in the radio command you can format a string and use FactionRank(playerid) to get the player rank

Also add a /fmembers list which show your faction members and if they are On duty or Off duty.
I use a stock and foreach to get online players with the same faction, and another stock to check the player duty status. At the end I put all these informations in a dialog and send it to the player.
function*

Also necroing :/

I don't understand why people bump a tutorial from 2014 and then criticize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Kane
View Post
I don't understand why people bump a tutorial from 2014 and then criticize it.
posts farmers

Quote:

D:\EHAB'S PROJECT - DO NOT DELETE\gamemodes\Ehab2018.pwn(457) : error 017: undefined symbol "cmd_radio"
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.

What have you defined cmd_radio?

Awesome, I sent this to a friend that was struggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abreezy
View Post
Awesome, I sent this to a friend that was struggling
Are you really bumping a thread from 2014? And are you really using an outdated tutorial?