[Tutorial] MySQL - Event scheduler

Wow! It's a great tutorial!
It will be very useful, thanks!

I've added the following to the tutorial:
• Listing events.
- Retrieving event information using MySQL plugin on PAWN.
• Dropping events.

Seems awesome, I'll be useful for me someday

This is actually very useful for cleaning my database! I can now add in to schedule it to delete accounts that haven't logged in for over x amount of days.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
This is actually very useful for cleaning my database! I can now add in to schedule it to delete accounts that haven't logged in for over x amount of days.

Thanks.
Woah, that's cruel, why would you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
View Post
Woah, that's cruel, why would you do that?
Personally I'd do the same thing, if the player hasn't logged in for 2 months. (Of course only if the player hasn't purchased VIP/Donator status)

Yeah, should of said months instead of days, personally, I think it's only fair, if they haven't logged in over say 2 or 3 months they should start again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
Yeah, should of said months instead of days, personally, I think it's only fair, if they haven't logged in over say 2 or 3 months they should start again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole1337
View Post
Personally I'd do the same thing, if the player hasn't logged in for 2 months. (Of course only if the player hasn't purchased VIP/Donator status)
Neither of you answered my question: why would you punish a player who comes back to your server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
View Post
You learn something new every day - this is a feature I really did not know existed

I'm not really a fan of your example though - I haven't done any background reading around this yet so don't know how it works or performs, but surely it would be more efficient to check whether the user should be unbanned when they next attempt to join the server and login to their account.
I know I'm quoting this late but nevertheless - It's better to have automatic unbans instead of player trying to connect and then getting unbanned. It can be used to view ban logs or display ban data of the player which displays since when the player got unbanned and all.

OT : Nice one but you should also create an example on automatic backups like RajatPawar suggested.

Really nice one. I never knew that before about this thing.
REP +

Tutorial updated by adding code for R40th version of MySQL plugin.

Super useful, can't believe I'm this late to this.