Servers...

I wanna know what's your opinion on the current servers out there, and I don't wanna just know about major ones. I wanna hear about everything! I.E: DM, Freeroam, RP anything/everything!

Well, I'll give my opinion on Roleplay Servers since that is partially the only gamemode I play, Roleplay servers that i see around alot are just servers which are copying other servers. They have a big grand opening, They hit like 20 players or more. The next day few people come on and they continue to lose people. They stay open for a week or two then close. Many due to insufficient funds or something of the sort. Then there are the critics who come along and say "Your server is a fake.. blah blah.. make something original" Then when they do get something original they complain and ask why the script changes etc.. On the contrary you do have great servers out there, Not sure if I can specify a server name but I know only few servers which have been up for years.. Living in the shadows of all the misery and copied scripts of SA:MP. But As i said there are some real good people and servers out there which are demanding the support but you know.. Life is a bit*h

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparke
Посмотреть сообщение
Couldn't have said it better myself.
So It looks like you're opening a new RP server, what will make yours different than others?

Join when it opens and find out, I shouldn't have to preach to someone about joining a server. I can tell you however that it wont go down due to isignificat funds and/or no players.

I will give me opinion about roleplay gamemodes/servers. Most of the main servers, are alright, however they have a high player-base with unprofessional admins and unrealistic cops. I've seen too many servers fail because of their own police and/or admins. Actually, with the bigger servers, I have seen many admins that just simply don't care.

And then the bad part about it is when you tell the owner it's a copied roleplay gamemode, and they develop an attitude with you that it isn't. If you're gonna copy an RP gamemode, at least tell the truth about it.

My opinion is that about 5ish% of sa-mp servers are decent enough, but we have for a while now had a influx of inexperienced server creators. I don't blame them, actually its pretty enjoyable. If they weren't here I probably wouldn't be visiting the forums as much as I do to get a good laugh looking at server advertisements or looking for scripters/helpers thread. Everybody gotta start somewhere.

I want to learn Russian and join those big-ass Russian RP servers. Because for the longest time, those servers have amazed me with their population. But yeah, I only enjoy RP and a little bit of CnR. If I wanted to play DayZ, I'd play DayZ. That's how I feel about the game-named servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I'll give my opinion on Roleplay Servers since that is partially the only gamemode I play, Roleplay servers that i see around alot are just servers which are copying other servers. They have a big grand opening, They hit like 20 players or more. The next day few people come on and they continue to lose people. They stay open for a week or two then close. Many due to insufficient funds or something of the sort. Then there are the critics who come along and say "Your server is a fake.. blah blah.. make something original" Then when they do get something original they complain and ask why the script changes etc.. On the contrary you do have great servers out there, Not sure if I can specify a server name but I know only few servers which have been up for years.. Living in the shadows of all the misery and copied scripts of SA:MP. But As i said there are some real good people and servers out there which are demanding the support but you know.. Life is a bit*h
same here i tried and got to point where i died but if you want a good you server you need those
1.Unique forums
2.unique gamemode
3.Hosted tab
4.good economy
5.good admins team
and after i got all that now i have 30-60player and im happy about that