[SUGGESTIONS] SAO

I've been brainstorming this immense idea with a few of my friends who play samp.

We've all been watching SAO [anime] and we've just fallen in love with it, we've watched it..-i don't even know how many times now haha.

But em, we've decided to attempt to make a server out of it.

I'll be calling it something Sword Art Online, or something along those lines.

I was just wondering if the SA:MP community would be interested in seeing this type of server out there?, of course, no one has done this, and it would be a totally unique server within the SA:MP community.

it'll be a few weeks before i begin the development of the gamemode and i would love to here your suggestions.

I've already thought of things like

**class's**
**XP/level system**
**Gear system - things like helmet gear, chest gear ect**
**Quest System**
**loot from npc's**
**Boss Quests**

So, anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry what?
Quote:

we've just fallen in love with it

I dropped on second season.

No. It would of be plain boring alpha crap just like the anime version of itself.

I have no problem with you starting a server like this. I have seen the OnePiece SA:MP version, Not sure if it is open or what-not but I know they were developing ideas into it. But think about a long term thing.. How long do you think it will take to script this? How long would you think it would take to get persons who like "SAO" and how long do you think it would take to get persons to completely understand the show? Is it all worth it? Would people get bored of it? Possibly.. You have to consider all these then make your decision. I am not a "SAO" Fan I don't even know what kind of anime is it but this is my input.

Man, you gotta be kidding, why don't you start creating a new game? Because in sa-mp wouldn't be that good that you expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean
Посмотреть сообщение
I have no problem with you starting a server like this. I have seen the OnePiece SA:MP version, Not sure if it is open or what-not but I know they were developing ideas into it. But think about a long term thing.. How long do you think it will take to script this? How long would you think it would take to get persons who like "SAO" and how long do you think it would take to get persons to completely understand the show? Is it all worth it? Would people get bored of it? Possibly.. You have to consider all these then make your decision. I am not a "SAO" Fan I don't even know what kind of anime is it but this is my input.
Yes, i'm well aware of the amount of time needed to make the script, but as any professional server these days, there will some what of a tutorial for newbies.

I would not be interested, SAO was about swords, there's 1 sword in sa-mp and has limited animations, also there'd be no boars to kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugiwaraNoLuffy
Посмотреть сообщение
Man, you gotta be kidding, why don't you start creating a new game? Because in sa-mp wouldn't be that good that you expect.
I do have the skills to make one, it's just, in my opinion, it would take longer, i could use cry engine or somthing but, it's designing the character models, armour / weapon models ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones
Посмотреть сообщение
I do have the skills to make one, it's just, in my opinion, it would take longer, i could use cry engine or somthing but, it's designing the character models, armour / weapon models ect.
And then be charged with copyright issues... Just let it go man, it's very good idea, but in SA:MP there's no point in making it.

SA-MP, is hardly customizable. And actually, the script you wish to create would take tons of time. There wouldn't be any animation(s) for the script, also there would be no special textures/animals, as that cannot be done on SA-MP. Overall, the idea sounds good, but is not meant to be on SA-MP.

I wouldn't play it, but if you and your friends want to do it, then do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks if it's for you and your friends?