GPCI, how unique ?

Hello!

I'm making a GPCI based ban system, and i am aware of the fact that the GPCI aint so "original", that it's more likely going to be the same on multiple clients.

But how unique is it? How many different values are there? Anyone who knows that?

As far as i know, the best method is to compare with parts of the IP which is banned aswell to get a better probability rate.

Thanks for any answers :P

i think you should use ban hardware than ban ip because the hacker will change the ip and they can flood join into your server btw nice bot to ban a rulebreaker(not wallbreaker) / hacker in samp server

good work keep it up

Thanks; but however, i was wondering if someone actually had an idea about how much the gpci changes`?

As far as i'm aware GPCI cannot change, BUT it is possible to spoof it, so your best bet it to store the following just in case.

- GPCI
- Account Name
- IP

But make sure you update this information (Not the GCPI or Account Name) when they connect, this way you are more secure but its not going to be bullet-proof (nothing ever is)

IIRC GPCI is just the directory of the GTA User Files folder (which includes the username), so moving the folder or changing your windows Username (or even just spoofing it) could be done to change your GPCI. It's not an "official" method and with this understanding it's probably not worth using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
IIRC GPCI is just the directory of the GTA User Files folder (which includes the username), so moving the folder or changing your windows Username (or even just spoofing it) could be done to change your GPCI. It's not an "official" method and with this understanding it's probably not worth using.
As far as im concerned i do think that the GPCi would help significally to avoid evaders to some degree. By comparing the GPCI and the last used ip (f. ex banning) you could achieve a bit higher rate where you get rid of the most noobish evaders. And using the GPCI alone would not be a safe method after all, as i've heard its not changing too many times between players.

Thanks for a clear answer, i do understand a bit more now.

It's not at all reliable. There's one particular serial which is used by more than 6% of (our) players (over 5700 players with the same serial).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
It's not at all reliable. There's one particular serial which is used by more than 6% of (our) players (over 5700 players with the same serial).
Okay, thanks alot!
I start to see the importance of comparing other information as well on the players