GTA 5 PC is going to use an "unhackable" DRM.

It said that they are going to use the so called "unhackable" DRM for GTA 5(http://www.denuvo.com/). Does that going to affect modding?

http://www.denuvo.com/#page-3

Click on the controller icon and they claim they only lasted 46 days protecting FIFA 14.

but I have a few other notes:

1) How do you know it's using this DRM?
2) DRM's always claim to be unhackable

They are certainly helping Rockstar new product in PC which could most probably be GTA 5.

I heard rumors that no one has yet to crack Denuvo's DRM and the person who is close to cracking it(3DM) is waiting for GTA 5 PC to be released first. It could lead some difficulties modding as it seems.

Edit: FIFA 14's DRM is Origin.

Edit 2: No one has managed to crack FIFA 15 or Lord of the Fallen both using the same DRM.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/grand-...l-not-cracked/

GTA 5 will be having 2 DRM's just to make modder's life hell.

Even that website claims they didn't last 50 days on FIFA 14, so if FIFA 14's DRM was origin, it had this as well. (the website went down so you must not have seen what I meant by my last post.)

Even if it's not cracked for fifa 15 or another game that was released doesn't mean it'll never be cracked. I have no doubts that it will. maybe not quickly. Also what does DRM have to do with modding? Just going off GTA IV, you can install mods without cracking it. and many other games too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger
Посмотреть сообщение
Even that website claims they didn't last 50 days on FIFA 14, so if FIFA 14's DRM was origin, it had this as well. (the website went down so you must not have seen what I meant by my last post.)

Even if it's not cracked for fifa 15 or another game that was released doesn't mean it'll never be cracked. I have no doubts that it will. maybe not quickly. Also what does DRM have to do with modding? Just going off GTA IV, you can install mods without cracking it. and many other games too.
Some DRM encrypts memory address and such so when someone is trying to debug a memory address for a certain thing, they won't be able to do it. If the modders needs to inject something, they need to know the memory address and to find the memory address, it's the same as cracking which is blocked by DRM's. But someone will probably crack it anyway. Since GTA 5 have 2 layers of DRM, it might conflict with modding.

That is not stopping anybody from cracking or adding custom thing's to the game then again i laugh at how this unhackable DRM yeah right give it a fews days when gta 5 get's released will be on the torrent site including crack.

Am not pissed about it i be glad if they make it unhackable because it will make everyone pissed off with the hacker's flying around with aimbot no reload clip you know stuff like that.

Consoles are already being hacked into with GTA 5.

anything one has the code of (machine code in this case) can be cracked

Hmmm.. Thats interesting.

Lets see how long this will last (If they even bother), frankly they should allow modding to start off with (even if its just for SP)

Well this is interesting, i know that modding a game is not a good idea. (GTA V) is an original game with cool graphics, gameplay and ofcourse i love the original cars that they got.I know some people didn't thought that if "we mod the GTA:V it will cause damage to startup of the game." The only mod i know and maybe they will dev on it is LAPDFR. About cracking a game, well 3DM,Skidrow or CODEX they wont stop cracking games (and i think that GTA:V (PC/PS4/XBOX1) will be cracked too.)