Mafia III: San Andreas - Your opinion

So I got inspired by both Mafia II and The Godfather II (both are videogames - If you didn't knew them yet).
I quit the Assassin's Creed SAMP project ages ago, because it didn't quite give the feeling I wanted, and since I really love to script, I wanted someting else and unique. That's why I came up with this: Mafia III: San Andreas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promotion/Slogan
Power and money. Those are the only ways to succes. The Mafia knows this.
Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Vegas. Every city's got 2 Mafia families fighting for it.
Do you choose to fight along with them for power and money? Or would you rather not stick into it and start your own business, or perhaps even join the police or SWAT to fight the crimes of the Mafia?
Join us!
The idea of this gamemode goes as following:

Every city (LS, SF and LV) got two Mafia families. They all try to get as much money and power, and unfortunately it doesn't go without a price, since there are more families.
You gain money by simple things like robbing small stores (which can be owned by players - more of that later), up to robbing the bank, a jewelry etc. Power is gained by taking over certain spots, like airports, local police stations, businesses etcetera (and no, not by just staying in a certain area for a while - you've gotta do some missions for that).

What I also thought of, is the 'tutorial' you get in some roleplay servers. You get the same explaination always. You either have to drive through the whole town, you barely watch what they're telling you and after that you're on your own, barely knowing what to do. It's always way too hard at the beginning. That's why I came up with a storyline.
When you register and spawn for the first time, you'll have a story (probably a mainstream story, "just came back from the army, we don't have alot money" blablabla). Before you'll be able to go out all alone, you'll have to do some missions, complete some achievements etc.

When you register, you have the choice between "Civillian" and "Mafia". I'll explain it a bit;

Civillian
As a civillian, you'll just roleplay like any other roleplay server (except for the fact that it's totally unique, and it won't be so strict and mainstream like other servers). I want everyone to have some "power", so you won't get small jobs like a courier or anything like that. I'm not gonna tell about this storyline when you start, but basically, as a civillian you'll get these options:
* Join the police (and eventually the S.W.A.T.)
* Start your own business or shop (or buy one) [This option will get maaaany suboptions - Keeping it secret though]

Mafia
When you choose this, you'll get some kinda of mainstream shitty story like "We've always been poor, coming from a poor country, trying to get a new life here" and you'll have to do some missions, get involved with the Mafia and then join them and try to get as high as possible etc. May sound boring but I have many ideas with it, but keeping alot secret yet.

So the gamemode will kinda be a mix between:
- Roleplay
- Reallife (yes, roleplay and reallife are different! - Alot of reallife servers call theirselves 'roleplay' while they are really not that)
- Team deathmatch

The only aspects I like from Godfather II (and what I'm gonna put in this gamemode) are:
* The war between families (but not a constant deathmatch/bloodbath!)
* (This I did not mention before); you can choose an ability when you join the Mafia and improve this ability, and your family can use this in certain missions. (Like special ability to start fire, or to work with explosives etc).

I'm not sure if I shared everything I wanted to share, but this is atleast a bit of what I'm working on.
What's your opinion on this?.
I don't care if nobody likes it. I just like to script, and I'd really like to know if other people like this, because I'm kinda excited myself. If this seems to be succesfull I'll set up a server eventually!!!.

I'm open for ideas. If you have any, please PM them to me. I'll ignore messages like "Can I be co-owner or admin? I have alot of experience!" - It's not sure yet if I'll setup a server. Or messages like "Do you need help with scripting?" - No thank you, I'm experienced enough myself and really can handle it. I'll keep you somewhere in my mind though if something doesn't work out (no I will not).

Kind Regards,
Kevin

p.s.
Also no "apply on forums for police job" bullshit and that kinda stuff. Just go IG and enjoyy (FYI, to join the police you must apply to the leading police officer - still gonna think about how I'm gonna handle this when there aren't any players yet)

Hmm seems great idea & unique one.
I would love it to see on DEV + play on server.

Intersting concept, yet something absolutely new coming from you. Thought you will never get bored from assassin's creed, suppose I was wrong! :O

Stimulate yourself and enhance your motivation a bit, so you wouldn't let the project down and everything shall go as you want!

Sounds really epic!.

But I got less interested when I heard rp..
But might be as cnr?. Cnr is epic.

@davve95;
Depends. What is it about cnr you find epic?
And when you think of "rp" (you probably mix it up with 'reallife'), what do you think which makes you less interrested?

FYI;

Roleplay
Roleplay (or Roleplaying-Game) means nothing else than "Act like the character you are". If you choose to be a cop, you have to act like one. If you choose to be a fireman, you act like one. If you choose to be a criminal, you steal shit and smoke dope and that shit. A real RP(G) server lets you choose from the very start what you want, and you'll always be that and act like that (and sometimes you can change it at anytime). So rules like "don't drive to fast" really have nothing to do with roleplaying.

Reallife
So well, what most servers are or claim to be; you have a 'life' and try to make the best of it, with many aspects of reallife. Has really not much to do with roleplaying.

And my gamemode tends to be roleplay; you choose to be mafia or not (when you register you'll have to choose that); you should act like the choise you make. And from that point you'll have to roleplay with some reallife aspects (I'd like to have some reallife aspects in it, like a police that patrols and fines people who are speeding - and if a store is robbed, actually set up patrols there for a while (Like in Mafia II), and eventually start an investigation etc).

I would love to see the gameplay spirit to be like how it is in The Godfather. Something is in the air which makes the situation plain epic, together with fatherly leaders in the mafias. Everyone in the mafias feel a connection, etc, that's just how I would like to see it.

Will keep an eye out for the developement of your script, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarde
Посмотреть сообщение
@davve95;
And when you think of "rp" (you probably mix it up with 'reallife'), what do you think which makes you less interrested?

FYI;

Roleplay
Roleplay (or Roleplaying-Game) means nothing else than "Act like the character you are". If you choose to be a cop, you have to act like one. If you choose to be a fireman, you act like one. If you choose to be a criminal, you steal shit and smoke dope and that shit. A real RP(G) server lets you choose from the very start what you want, and you'll always be that and act like that (and sometimes you can change it at anytime). So rules like "don't drive to fast" really have nothing to do with roleplaying.

Reallife
So well, what most servers are or claim to be; you have a 'life' and try to make the best of it, with many aspects of reallife. Has really not much to do with roleplaying.

And my gamemode tends to be roleplay; you choose to be mafia or not (when you register you'll have to choose that); you should act like the choise you make. And from that point you'll have to roleplay with some reallife aspects (I'd like to have some reallife aspects in it, like a police that patrols and fines people who are speeding - and if a store is robbed, actually set up patrols there for a while (Like in Mafia II), and eventually start an investigation etc).
With your description all freeroam servers are role play servers and I don't understand what real life has to do with anything you're trying to explain.

Either you have a RP server (where the focus is playing the role of your freely chosen character) or you have RPG server (where the focus is doing whatever the server lets you to do while following the theme and the roles which are given to you).

RP = freedom of choice + rules
RPG = restricted roles + no rules

I can already hear the idiots rumbling at this way shouting how RPG means RP and all that shit; fuck you. RPG sounds good for a script which is behaving like a RP script, except it doesn't even try to make sure people can RP freely and without interruption by rule-breakers, which is why it's called only a "game which has role play elements" - Role Playing Game. RP on the other hand stands for the pure word "role play" which is clean and simple: the server is role play server. I don't give a shit how the Harry Potter role players describe their games, but in SA-MP it is like this and I'm happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Посмотреть сообщение
Role Playing Game. RP on the other hand stands for the pure word "role play" which is clean and simple: the server is role play server. I don't give a shit how the Harry Potter role players describe their games, but in SA-MP it is like this and I'm happy with that.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwarde
Посмотреть сообщение
@davve95;
I meant that I just personally get boared of RP I find CNR alot more funnier..
I guess becacause it's happning more in CNR like cop chases and robbering etc..
But I can be wrong.. I haven't played RP much at all.
Plus I don't like the /me thing etc..
But this is just my opnoin in RP and CNR..

But I personnaly think this would be really fun anyway even if it's RP in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davve95
Посмотреть сообщение
Plus I don't like the /me thing etc..
Haha thanks for summing this one up, because I hate those /me and /do things myself .

And I realise I expressed myself wrong, because I do not intend it to be just a 'Mafia' server where you are in a mafia family and shoot a bit and get chased by cops and kill them, and I do not intend it to be a full roleplay server. And to be honoust, I don't really know a different way to tell what I want.

I'll open a topic once the gamemode really is getting form (right now, the basic systems are as good as completed). Also a little spoiler (a snippet from the gamemode):
pawn Код:
case DIALOG_REGSETUP5:  ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, dialogid, DIALOG_STYLE_LIST, "Account setup (6/8)", "Please choose a difficulty for your gameplay:\nEasy\nMedium\nHard", "Next", "Back");
I think you'd find alot more unique things in that gamemode than your currently expect, but we'll see. I might aswell be totally wrong and waste my time right now (as someone mentioned what could be the case - I think it either was Classic, or Finn).