This would be an awesome roleplay addition

Just got done watching the second purge movie and I was wondering, why isn't there a role play server that has a purge mode for a few hours? That would be awesome and could encourage more people to play.

I'm guessing you don't know what a roleplay is?
A roleplay mimics real life, not a movie.
But I guess this would fit in a freeroam or RPG, then it would be fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
Посмотреть сообщение
Well of course I know what role play is, but it's a game. People have their own gang wars and re-spawn and go back, that's not realistic. I was just saying it would be pretty cool and interesting.

Kinda nice.

I would like when there is a day "Like in the movie no purge started yet"

Everyone working etc.. like regular roleplay

But when night starts there is a siren or some announce on the screen or some spammer on chat

"HIDE" etc.. and who has a house would survive.

Anyways nice idea

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually, it's just playing a role. Not neccessarily a real life-like role.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There is SO much more fictional than realistic roleplay. Real life roleplay usually is what kids do, like when playing a family, or playing with their dolls. Apart from that I cant think of many other non-fictional roleplays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiTaL_AnGeL
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually, it's just playing a role. Not neccessarily a real life-like role.
True, but it depends on the server, you can't just play the role of being superman in any server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
There is SO much more fictional than realistic roleplay. Real life roleplay usually is what kids do, like when playing a family, or playing with their dolls. Apart from that I cant think of many other non-fictional roleplays.
When you get in a gang or legal faction, that's a realistic role, anyone can do that in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (_AcE_)
Посмотреть сообщение
Well of course I know what role play is, but it's a game. People have their own gang wars and re-spawn and go back, that's not realistic. I was just saying it would be pretty cool and interesting.
Still wouldn't fit though, at least not a realistic roleplay. The only people this event will surely attract are DMers, because you won't have to do a lot of roleplaying, just shooting. But who knows, maybe if planned out correctly it could work.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Lol your wannabe smartass-ness is so burned at this point. The term role play was there far before sa-mp or even videogames were invented... People used to role play "play out" western civilization in real locations, pretending. Then there were shit load of people role playing as Star Wars characters... You can clearly define role play as person playing his role, the term itself actually relates to movie performance. The only rule in Role Play is to keep in character.

I actually adore those movie based roleplay servers, they are FAR more creative and interesting. How can a person enjoy roleplaying as civilian/mobster for 5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toXioneer
Посмотреть сообщение
Lol your wannabe smartass-ness is so burned at this point. The term role play was there far before sa-mp or even videogames were invented... People used to role play "play out" western civilization in real locations, pretending. Then there were shit load of people role playing as Star Wars characters... You can clearly define role play as person playing his role, the term itself actually relates to movie performance. The only rule in Role Play is to keep in character.

I actually adore those movie based roleplay servers, they are FAR more creative and interesting. How can a person enjoy roleplaying as civilian/mobster for 5 years?
We are obviously talking about SA-MP here, no idea why you brought all that other shit in, I know what a role play is. I'm just saying that most SA-MP roleplays are about playing a real life role.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
We are obviously talking about SA-MP here, no idea why you brought all that other shit in, I know what a role play is. I'm just saying that most SA-MP roleplays are about playing a real life role.
You told the guy that he didn't know what RP was. And stated that RP mimics real life, which is not true.