Free Or Paid ?

See guyz I wanna just know if you would like to see a server so would you like it being free like everything like server ip is free hosting website domain is free on so If its free what would be your impression on the server ? And if it would be paid and professional then what would it be like .com domain cool Paid IP etc .. So What do you thing what will be correct ? Free or Paid ?

Paid.

Obviously paid...

I avoid servers with free domains like a plague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper
Посмотреть сообщение
Free or Paid ?
Paid.

Paid

Domains:

Servers that have .com domains attract me (and many other players) more than those with free domains, because it shows that the owner is dedicated enough to put in their own money. It only costs about $10 for a whole year, so it's really not that much. Start off with a free one if you can't afford it, and then if your script and your staff are good, you will probably get people who want to donate to the server - which you can then use to buy a .com domain.

Hosting:

The average player does not know or care whether your server is hosted with a paid company or a free company, but you get what you pay for so go with what you can afford. If you can't afford to pay for hosting, then use free hosting until you can afford to pay for it. Keep in mind that you are getting this service for FREE, so the company has no obligation to keep your server online if they don't want to. Free hosts often also have limitations such as the need to log in every day for your server to be kept online. If you pay for hosting then you are more likely to get support from the company if something goes wrong, along with higher server specifications, DDoS protection etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
Domains:

It only costs about $10 for a whole year
Right... Don't make kiddies misunderstand it doesn't cost even $10 to get a .com domain but it depends on where you look. On godaddy.com a .com domain costs Ј1.99 if you register it for two years from what I just checked and thats $3.21 for a year and you obviously can find it even cheaper if you look for shit sellers. You just have to look to find your perfect spot but if you won't than YES you will pay $10 which is not even a lot.

.com is not the only domain people should be buying anyways. .net or .org is sufficient and costs slightly less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
Right... Don't make kiddies misunderstand it doesn't cost even $10 to get a .com domain but it depends on where you look. On godaddy.com a .com domain costs Ј1.99 if you register it for two years from what I just checked and thats $3.21 for a year and you obviously can find it even cheaper if you look for shit sellers. You just have to look to find your perfect spot but if you won't than YES you will pay $10 which is not even a lot.

.com is not the only domain people should be buying anyways. .net or .org is sufficient and costs slightly less.
No, sorry, your post is not correct lol.

GoDaddy has a deal where the FIRST year costs $2.99, but ONLY if you pay for at least 2 years upfront. Each additional year to the first year costs $14.99, which means that in order to get the deal, you pay a total of almost $20. If you only choose one year then you do not get the discount, and so you pay $12.99 for one year.

Namecheap is $10.69 for one year.

The average cost, as I said, is about $10 for one year.

And just for the record since you brought it up - .net and .org domains cost, on average, more than .com domains which is why I suggested a .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
No, sorry, your post is not correct.

GoDaddy has a deal where the FIRST year costs $2.99, but ONLY if you pay for at least 2 years upfront. Each additional year to the first year costs $14.99, which means that in order to get the deal, you pay a total of almost $20. If you only choose one year then you do not get the discount, and so you pay $12.99 for one year.

Namecheap is $10.69 for one year.

The average cost, as I said, is about $10 for one year
Good.

Nevertheless you would of expect "Paid" servers to survive for long. Longer than Free servers however no. If you go into advert section, look at the advert topics and check out the IP's and websites you can see they don't even survive few months nor even weeks.

Yes as Pot Pot said "Free" server's can survive for long enough and become popular with the right script that interests and grabs players attention but that is not all because Staff pays important part in server's survival. Roleplay servers are the best source of getting donation income towards becoming more professional because obviously people are stupid enough to pay for virtual items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNorton
Посмотреть сообщение
Obviously paid...

I avoid servers with free domains like a plague.
Mhm^