password help

A user forgot his password and its this Key=Kkgr} but its hexcoded how do i find out what it is?

Check your system registration system for who ( make in ****** source of Maker of the registration system ) you'll find what type does server encrypt the password and decrypt it

good luck

If the passwords are hashed, it's nearly impossible to decrypt it, unless you have a powerfull computer that can brute-force the hash by generating passwords, hashing them until you find a match.
Hashed passwords are not meant to be decrypted.
If that were possible, there would be no reason to hash passwords and you could store the passwords as they were entered instead of hashing them.

But you could reset his password.
Choose a new password yourself, hash it, insert it into your database and let the player know that password.
Or make a web-based interface to make such a thing possible to send his password via email.
Then he can login again and if you have in-game commands to change the password, let him change the password again after succesfully logging in, so he won't get stuck with that password your system generated for him.

That's how most MMORPG's and online games do it.

That's how most everything does it. If a website or a service sends a password back in plain text, then it means that it is stored in plaintext, ergo: someone can read it! Would you feel comfortable knowing that someone can just read your password? I know I wouldn't.

I wouldn't be looking at telling him his password, that goes against practically every good security practice. You would be much safer finding a way to reset the password, as is explained in the previous replies to your post.

Make a log system so when they register save the password input they have sent in a separate log file used just for registration. So if someone forgets their password you can open that log file and tell them their password.
Any how, you should never let a player know their password unless you are absolutely sure they are person they claim to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkiDaBoss
Посмотреть сообщение
save the password input they have sent in a separate log file
Passwords shouldn't be stored in plain text! That renders your hashed password useless if you're still saving the password in a text file.