Bayside Project

I was actually thinking of making a roleplay server strictly in the Bayside area. It would have invisible boundaries if you try to go out of Bayside. Of course, the basic features of a roleplay server would be there.

Bayside seems like the perfect place for a roleplay server since the average one has about 15-30 people if it's not that popular. This is just an idea right now, but would people actually play on that kind of server?

It's a nice idea but your server won't attract a lot of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloride
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a nice idea but your server won't attract a lot of players.
Why won't it?

If your server is going to be restricted to only Bayside then there would be very many restrictions. Bayside is meant to be a small town with around at least 3 or 5 officers. Plus, there would be a lot of disadvantages, if you can't go outside the Bayside you won't be able to go to the woods, hidden places to commit crimes and a lot of other roleplay would be restricted.

But a Bayside Roleplay does seem interesting, maybe there's a way around it? Make players spawn in Bayside and make it the main district in Bone County but don't limit players to only the Bayside area. Something like there should only be scripted stuff within Bone County, cities/towns such as LV, LS and SF will have none or very little script support. So people would just remain in Bone County, BC itself is a good place, there are small woods to make up for the RP and let police chases go into LS/SF/LV.

Bayside area also has advantages, it can RP'ly act as the main industrial spot in San Andreas, where ships depart and import/export goods after closure of the docks in SF. Government role play could be expanded, and the emergency services should be kept small minding it's a fairly small town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
Why won't it?
Roleplay servers are kinda corny nowadays.

I've had a RolePlay server back in 2009 which was based in Bayside with heavy mapping to suit the lacks of services in town (Hospital, Police station, etc..), and after my server went around 20 players average the situation became unsuitable for RolePlay: just for example there were unsufficient houses to fit everybody's needs, and there were few businesses available because of the map restrictions, so i had migrate the script to San Fierro.
Also what I remembered is that users, after 1-2 months of playing in Bayside, became really bored of it, because it felt very repetitive since it was just a small town to settle everything a roleplay needs in.

Hmm, it does get a little repetitive. I've been editing my SF-based script and moving everything to Bayside and I've grown tired of the area already. I guess this means abort? Haha.