SA-MP hosted tab listing price raises to 15 euro.

Game-mp raised the price per listing to 15 Euro monthly.

I've heard that it writes this at the main page:

"Notice
Due to a large number of servers on the SA-MP hosted list, the price of listing has been increased. If the new price is unacceptable, please use other means to promote your server (*******, SA-MP forum)."

This is a step in the right direction, but I think it still needs to be higher. Lots of terrible servers can download a script, change the name and get >15 Euro per month by charging people for in-game cash, "VIP" privileges or even worse, admin rights.

I suppose we'll see how it goes, though. Yay SA-MP!

I'm not so sure if that's actually the best solution. It enlarges the gap between the rich and the poor. While I agree that it needs a fair price to be competitive, there is also limit. With Ђ15 I can pay our current server for 5 (!) months. I'd rather like to see a 50% price increase with each additional listing in the account. First server Ђ10, second server Ђ15, third server Ђ22.5 and so on. Basically, the notice says "If you don't like it, fuck you!".

Maybe it's a forebode to the official list coming back, who knows.

There's always been problems with the way it works. If you think this change is a legitimate solution to the problem, you're an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution
View Post
This is a step in the right direction, but I think it still needs to be higher. Lots of terrible servers can download a script, change the name and get >15 Euro per month by charging people for in-game cash, "VIP" privileges or even worse, admin rights.

I suppose we'll see how it goes, though. Yay SA-MP!
The money isn't a big deal. If the quality is what Kalcor wants, he could control it with other means. This is more of a "I'm short on cash" kinda deal.

This is not a fare rule . I am having 5 Permanent Server in SAMP . I am paying 9 Euro x 5 Per month. Which Is a big amount for me. Increasing Price is not a solution for this. Already SAMP has closed new Register for Host Tab. Increasing price is a way for "SAMP TEAM" to make more money from host tab. Everyone will buy If host price Increase . The Price Increase is not a solution for this. Please decrease the Price to 9 Euro . More than anything this is a game not a money making organisation . " This price Increase make me say "WTF" .

If you need to decrease the server in host tab then make a New List "Golden Tab" . Charge them 15 or 20 Euro .

Bringing the official list would be alot better, only SA-MP team verified servers could get in.

This seems like a welcome change. Number of servers will probably decrease (making the list more exclusive) while the profit will stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
I'm not so sure if that's actually the best solution. It enlarges the gap between the rich and the poor.
That's an issue regardless of the price.

For lots of server owners, money is the most serious/only issue in running a server because they are young and don't have dependable jobs. Raising the price means that people risk more of their money by advertising on the hosted list, which means they need to consider more carefully whether it is the right investment to make. Should they invest their money to put their shit server on the list for a month and make none of it back, or should they invest their time into making a better server so that in the future it can break even?

Quote:
View Post
II'd rather like to see a 50% price increase with each additional listing in the account. First server Ђ10, second server Ђ15, third server Ђ22.5 and so on.
That's also a good idea. A brilliant idea, in fact! Particularly because it would stop people selling many more places on the list than there were supposed to be. Registrations were stopped for a reason which resulted in people simply reselling their listings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99
View Post
There's always been problems with the way it works. If you think this change is a legitimate solution to the problem, you're an idiot.
The money isn't a big deal. If the quality is what Kalcor wants, he could control it with other means. This is more of a "I'm short on cash" kinda deal.
I believe it will help alleviate some of the problems with the hosted tab as I described above.

Quality certainly is an issue but you can't effectively regulate quality when the only way to get a place on the list is to buy it. That is a fundamental flaw in the hosted list and anything like it.

But since it does exist, we can try to solve other problems - in this case, quantity. There are too many servers on the hosted list. You say that the money isn't a big deal but I would beg to differ - as I said above, lots of these server owners are very young and seriously have to think about whether or not they want to invest their money in a hosted listing - raising the price means there will be fewer people who can make this choice. In my opinion, the more exclusive the hosted list is, the better.

But I think your opinion kind of loses credibility when you cynically assume that the price increase is a "cash grab" rather than an attempt to make the list better for everybody. That might be a valid argument if you could prove that the number of servers on the list will stay the same, but I'm willing to bet that there will be fewer over the next few months.

Quote:
View Post
That's an issue regardless of the price.

For lots of server owners, money is the most serious/only issue in running a server because they are young and don't have dependable jobs. Raising the price means that people risk more of their money by advertising on the hosted list, which means they need to consider more carefully whether it is the right investment to make. Should they invest their money to put their shit server on the list for a month and make none of it back, or should they invest their time into making a better server so that in the future it can break even?
True . Most of the server owners are below 18. Mostly aged between 10-16 . I Agree with you 100 % .

"Due to a large number of servers on the SA-MP hosted list, the price of listing has been increased"
This is really bad news,
Normally, if we are getting more customer we try to decrease the price but here opposite.

I actually think that this is a fantastic idea. While it may not be the ultimate solution to the ridiculous amount of servers on the hosted tab list, it is definitely a great start. It's really encouraging to know that the Team are looking for solutions, and I really don't think that it is a "cash grab", due to the fact that there will most definitely be less servers on the list because they can't/won't pay the increased price. I don't think that this number will reduce by a drastic amount just yet, but I do think this was definitely the right starting point towards a future solution.

Quote:
View Post
Quote:
View Post
I'd rather like to see a 50% price increase with each additional listing in the account. First server Ђ10, second server Ђ15, third server Ђ22.5 and so on.
That's also a good idea. A brilliant idea, in fact! Particularly because it would stop people selling many more places on the list than there were supposed to be. Registrations were stopped for a reason which resulted in people simply reselling their listings.
In my opinion, this is probably one of the best ideas that has been suggested regarding SA-MP. However, looking at it from the other side, if something like this were to be put into place, then, although it would drastically decrease the amount of servers on the hosted tab, it would also inevitably decrease the income from it when people can't/won't pay that much. So I guess it would depend on what the Team's intentions for/from the hosted tab are. I am sure that the money from the hosted tab goes towards the servers that all of the SA-MP resources run on, so we wouldn't want to be taking away from that... but I don't know what the solution for that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God'Z War
View Post
"Due to a large number of servers on the SA-MP hosted list, the price of listing has been increased"
This is really bad news,
Normally, if we are getting more customer we try to decrease the price but here opposite.

It isn't bad news at all, I guess you are not understanding the issue here. We don't want MORE people using the hosted tab, we want LESS. There are way too many on the hosted tab, it's hardly worth paying for it these days. It is no longer a special, exclusive feature, just another tab with hundreds of servers just like the Internet list.

They should increase the price even more but also add some further quality control measures (i.e. server has to have been active for 24h+, meet a peak of X+ players, have a valid website URL on a non-free domain and have a unique name [compared to other hosted tab servers] - not sure if this already exists, but I'm sure I've seen 2 san andreas roleplays in the past in the hosted tab).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
They should increase the price even more but also add some further quality control measures (i.e. server has to have been active for 24h+, meet a peak of X+ players, have a valid website URL on a non-free domain and have a unique name [compared to other hosted tab servers] - not sure if this already exists, but I'm sure I've seen 2 san andreas roleplays in the past in the hosted tab).
I don't agree with some of those particular requirements, but requirements in general is a great idea and would make sense to be the next step towards the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
I don't agree with some of those particular requirements, but requirements in general is a great idea and would make sense to be the next step towards the solution.
What do you disagree with? The website may be a bit extreme to be fair, but I think the other proposed 'requirements' are reasonable.

Quote:
View Post
It isn't bad news at all, I guess you are not understanding the issue here. We don't want MORE people using the hosted tab, we want LESS. There are way too many on the hosted tab, it's hardly worth paying for it these days. It is no longer a special, exclusive feature, just another tab with hundreds of servers just like the Internet list.
This is not the right way to stop increasing hosted list. Just stop others from getting new hosted tab

Quote:
View Post
This is not the right way to stop increasing hosted list. Just stop others from getting new hosted tab
How is this a bad thing? If a server is remarkable, most of the time they find ways around the hosted tab (like we had to with the official list a few years ago) to promote the script/community to new players.

Quote:
View Post
but requirements in general is a great idea and would make sense to be the next step towards the solution.
Maybe start with the requirement listed in point a of the Terms of Service:
Quote:

a) That you are over the age of 18 years.

Proof of identity might be a bit too much, but this would definitely be a way to drastically decrease the number of servers on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
What do you disagree with? The website may be a bit extreme to be fair, but I think the other proposed 'requirements' are reasonable.
Yes, that one.

Quote:
View Post
Just stop others from getting new hosted tab
Yeah, that's the point...

Quote:
View Post
I'd rather like to see a 50% price increase with each additional listing in the account. First server Ђ10, second server Ђ15, third server Ђ22.5 and so on.
I agree with potassium on both notes. To me it sounds like a great idea, but we indeed do not know what the Team's goal is.

What I like the most about this idea is that it will stop those who try and take advantage of the closed registration and start reselling hosted tab listings even though it is against Game-MP's license to do so. You know, people like God'Z War....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernado Samuel
View Post
This is not a fare rule . I am having 5 Permanent Server in SAMP . I am paying 9 Euro x 5 Per month. Which Is a big amount for me. Increasing Price is not a solution for this. Already SAMP has closed new Register for Host Tab. Increasing price is a way for "SAMP TEAM" to make more money from host tab. Everyone will buy If host price Increase . The Price Increase is not a solution for this. Please decrease the Price to 9 Euro . More than anything this is a game not a money making organisation . " This price Increase make me say "WTF" .

If you need to decrease the server in host tab then make a New List "Golden Tab" . Charge them 15 or 20 Euro .
5 servers? There's no way to manage that. This is part of the reason why they raised it.