Airline Sickness

Lol, this is a retarded thread to start. But why the hell not?! Let's get started.

For all of you people with anxiety of Airplane, it's really nothing to be worried over. I'm sure you've all been informed what the word "turbulence" actually means. It's a word of chaotic property changes, and what that means for "airplanes" in general. Means turbulence is only a change of wind speed, also means an "Air Bump" or change in air temperature. You'll notice this changes, EG; When the Landing Gear Goes Down, When the Flaps Go Down, When the Air Speed Break is engaged. Or heavily in a cloud, or a gust of air moisture. All of you people that think the airplane will crash, well it's possible. But there's a slight number of odds against your opinion, only 11 million in 1 chances. That you'll even experience an airplane crash. That's strictly almost the amount of chances to win the lottery.

- Thanks.

Are you on airplane feeling super paranoid and decided to post this to feel better?
Because mostly what scares me in airplanes is how often they started to crash, who would think ukraine would shoot a poor plane down? but once again, that's why I sleep when I get on the plane, what's better than die sleeping, won't feel a thing I guess.

I've personally never been on a plane, however if I ever did.. I wouldn't be too worried other than the height (as I hate heights!).

I personally assuming the plane was fitted with WiFi, would be monitoring what the plane is doing and weather it was having any issues or not. Anyone can do this with multiple Plane Information Applications / Websites. You simply need to understand what the "Squawk" codes are, the ones you should be concerned about as I can't be bothered to list them all as there are way too many are:

7500 - Hijacking.
7600 - Lost Communications (Radio).
7700 - Emergency Situation.

Keep in mind however most of them times when these are called they are called incorrectly! As the pilot, or co-pilot scroll thorough the Transponder looking for the correct code they may flick past it as they didn't change another number first.

EDIT: I would only be doing this BTW for fum, I'm in no way a paranoid freak xD.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponder_(aeronautics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
I've personally never been on a plane, however if I ever did.. I wouldn't be too worried other than the height (as I hate heights!).

I personally assuming the plane was fitted with WiFi, would be monitoring what the plane is doing and weather it was having any issues or not. Anyone can do this with multiple Plane Information Applications / Websites. You simply need to understand what the "Squawk" codes are, the ones you should be concerned about as I can't be bothered to list them all as there are way too many are:

7500 - Hijacking.
7600 - Lost Communications (Radio).
7700 - Emergency Situation.

Keep in mind however most of them times when these are called they are called incorrectly! As the pilot, or co-pilot scroll thorough the Transponder looking for the correct code they may flick past it as they didn't change another number first.

EDIT: I would only be doing this BTW for fum, I'm in no way a paranoid freak xD.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponder_(aeronautics)
I don't think the height will have any effect on you, I'm afraid of height, I feel like jumping or falling down from building everytime I look down. But on the plane, it's just different, it's so high you don't really feel the height anymore, only beautiful view from window... But mostly I'm afraid of crashing, because the surviving chances are extremely low, and there no freaking shit you can do to save yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toXioneer
Посмотреть сообщение
Because mostly what scares me in airplanes is how often they started to crash, who would think ukraine would shoot a poor plane down?
http://traveltips.usatoday.com/air-t...avel-1581.html
Quote:

In absolute numbers, driving is more dangerous, with more than 5 million accidents compared to 20 accidents in flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
Your chances of surviving in car accident is like sextillion times higher than surviving a plane crash...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Your chances of surviving in car accident is like sextillion times higher than surviving a plane crash...
Surviving a plane crash is over 700 times higher than a car crash.

Quote:

It calculated the odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident to be 1 in 98 for a lifetime. For air and space transport (including air taxis and private flights), the odds were 1 in 7,178 for a lifetime, according to the table.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Really.. a lot of plane crashes have a lot of survivors. In the event that most of everyone dies, it would surely be labelled "one of the worst tragedies in airline history", which is damn rare.

damn. i'll be flying in about 5 hours back to england.

such a nice topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatioBoni
Посмотреть сообщение
Really.. a lot of plane crashes have a lot of survivors. In the event that most of everyone dies, it would surely be labelled "one of the worst tragedies in airline history", which is damn rare.
I've been in car accident 3 times, once the SUV crossed the road and rolled down the hill, made like 6-7 rolls before it stud back up, only my eyebrow was bleeding, nothing else really happened to anyone except the car itself... Now I can't say that I've been in 3 plane crash right? because surviving one would be a miracle, and NO unexpected landing is not an accident.