What was the first programming language you learned?

As the question says, what was the first programming language you learned?

As for me, I'd say PAWN or PHP.

HTML, if that counts. Otherwise it'd be Pawn.

It was C++.

Javascript was my first scripting language. HTML and MediaWiki were my first markup languages. There's still some code of mine floating around in the MediaWiki engine that was committed when I was a bit younger.

Then PHP, then Perl, then Bash (sorry zsh fans). A "conversational" level of C, but nothing fancy. And, of course, PAWN, which is the language equivalent of a ten-year-old pedal cycle: sure, it'll get you from A to B, but not without breaking a sweat, and you're glad to get back behind the wheel of your car when you're done.

Perl is a massively underrated language, IMO. It's lost a lot of defectors to Python, but I still find it the most beautiful of all the interpreted languages.

HTML IS NOT A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
HTML, if that counts. Otherwise it'd be Pawn.
Same. ^

It was PHP

Mine was Microsoft Visual Basic, - which was actually super-easy to learn. And then, - once I found out about SA-MP I learnt PAWN, - and then HTML/PHP/CSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
Посмотреть сообщение
Mine was Microsoft Visual Basic, - which was actually super-easy to learn. And then, - once I found out about SA-MP I learnt PAWN, - and then HTML/PHP/CSS.
Saying you know Visual Basic is like saying "I Know Pawno" or "i know notepad++"

They're just clients..

OT: Mine was Pawn, however I've gone on to PHP and C# now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admantis
Посмотреть сообщение
HTML IS NOT A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
Nerd rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
Saying you know Visual Basic is like saying "I Know Pawno" or "i know notepad++"

They're just clients..

OT: Mine was Pawn, however I've gone on to PHP and C# now.
So, what would you call it then? VBA?