Weapon Shots [rep++]

I wan't to know if this can be done, and I've already searched ****** with no success, so here's my problem:

I want to know if I can create a weapon shot without the player having to shoot the weapon that creates that shot in game. I appreciate that this is not an easy question, and I will rep++ the person/persons who assist me in finding the solution.

Why do I wan't to do this? I want to add a machine gun to the police maverick, that is aimed by the mouse, and can shoot (preferably m4) bullets in the direction the player is looking.

Also, if it is not possible to create a weapon shot, is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Not possible,
or only with explosions or (particle objects) but it does not look good

It is not impossible, but it would take a hell of a scripter to make it... You would need to create particles at the shot location, you put the player in spectator mode to make them think they are in the heli, attach their camera to the vehicle... Put an NPC where he would stand... Well, lots of work...

it's possible you can make the effects and sounds and all i'v seen this in Armageddon server few years ago with textdraw crosshair too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTa[X]
Посмотреть сообщение
it's possible you can make the effects and sounds and all i'v seen this in Armageddon server few years ago with textdraw crosshair too
Is this server still up? I might take a look at it.

The best way is to have a command like /shootmode, which will move put your camera in spectate mode. You then have to have something like an NPC bound underneath (will not look the best) and make the NPC controllable with your mouse. It's not an easy job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
The best way is to have a command like /shootmode, which will move put your camera in spectate mode. You then have to have something like an NPC bound underneath (will not look the best) and make the NPC controllable with your mouse. It's not an easy job.
So what you are saying is that to do this, I need to create an NPC, and the npc holds the weapon that is to be fired, I can't just go shooting bullets out of nowhere, there must be a player/NPC which is the source of the shots.

This will waste your time a lot and like they said, it's a hard job.
Why not use Hunters, Hydras or Sparrows?

It is possible to spawn bullets from a NPC as long as they are holding a weapon but there is limitations however there is enough functionality to make a turret.

Thanks for your replies, I think this answers my question. To spawn bullets, I must use an NPC, which would take much time (which I am not prepared to spend at this stage) to set up.

I already have a missile system that works, so I think I'll just stick to that for now.