San andreas public

Hello guys, I am quiet addicted to samp and especially gta online these days. I saw their awesome npc system where people can play with the public.
What if that system can be implemented on samp servers via a plugin which can actually allow just the general npc public. Actually, the npcs will be ran by the host but the artificial intelligence and response will be read through player's system i.e. gta sa folder. The users will stream npcs physical data.

I don't know wheather it's possible in samp as the consequences of a system like this would be worse. I first thought of those popular NPC plugins available but it's quiet hard as well as time consuming, although they are laggy too.

I am going to explore gta san andreas folder and search for even a clue. If any of you have knowledge related to this, please share.

Isn't the main reason we don't have public NPC's is because of the lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical
View Post
Isn't the main reason we don't have public NPC's is because of the lag?
I think it's not actually the lag, it's the scheme of npc streaming which requires large amount of data to download.

RIP bandwidth

rip 800x600 all low users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
View Post
rip 800x600 all low users.
What do you mean??

Meet Khanz, in order to understand Khanz you must firstly become Khanz.

OT:

I'd like to see this happen. It could be done, then removed if needed. Doesn't sound all bad to me.

It doesn't sound bad to me either, it looks like a great idea idk the reasons why it's not added before tho.

EDIT: This post isn't that clear... if you want a better reason why. Ignore this post goto the one I wrote on the next page. It's better explained and not full of spelling mistakes etc, it was written more than an hour after I woke up too

The reason this isn't done is because the NPCd would have to be completely rewritten, why?
You can't take the game assembly from GTA San Andreas and make it work in the server, that well anyway. It would also mean if they did try to steal all the code from the NPC system a lot of work... For pretty much nothing.

You may think, we'll you can download the NPC data from a client, and send that NPC data to everyone else... No you can't do this because they could manipulate the data and make the NPCs do werid shit, they could also lag sending so much data to the server.

As far as I know GTA Onlines NPCs are peer to peer , meaning sent by all the clients then somehow decided which NPC data is used or shared. There has been online NPC data manipulation in the the past!

After all the work extracting the code anyway, and making they work... Which would mean taking a large perpptropion of the San Andreas assembly code. It would have been quicker to rewrite it.

On the bright side, if it used an NPC engine... If Renderware had one, or they used a custom one. You could illegally obtain a copy and use that to take some of the rewrite work out. NPC, use game data BTW so this also means constant collision checks for each ped NPC, by the server. IPL file loading so they know where objects are, node loading to allow the NPC to follow the map roads etc. SAMP natively had none of this stuff, making it simply not ready to even consider.

I could go on but I've made my point.

Rewriting the whole NPC system, I don't know if IceCube is 100% correct. I doubt this because if we see samp plugin or its whole network setup in GTA sa, it contains default shops and their npcs. There could somehow be a way out there or maybe those shops were the only independent source which Kalcor optimized in samp.