Mass RP-related discussion thread

I'm sooo tired of seeing the same threads over and over - "what happened to rp?" "what's a good rp server?" "what do you look for in an RP server?" "what happened to X rp server?" etc, so I figured if we had one specific thread to have these kinds of discussions in, maybe there would be less of the same threads everywhere and the forum might actually start to get back to being somewhere that we enjoy spending time.

Maybe later I'll update this post with links to posts in this thread (and other threads) that answer specific questions.

I don't really know how to start the discussion - maybe we can start by posting qualities that we think make a good RP server. Go go!

tags: rp roleplay role play rpg suggest server sucks old new good bad strict casual

I was gonna create this thread :/

Qualities:
  • Active staff
  • Realistic strict roleplay
  • No OOC allowed anywhere unless there is an admin.
  • No trolling.

Oeh, smart move!

Alright, lets get the ball rolling:
What's with the lack of Red/Flint/Bone County located RP servers? I love RPing in those areas but the only server I could find was RC:RP which has become a Freeroaming server with RP features.
You'd think people eventually get tired of LS, so can anybody tell me what is so special about LS that it's essentially the only area used in RP servers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
Посмотреть сообщение
Oeh, smart move!

What's with the lack of Red/Flint/Bone County located RP servers? I love RPing in those areas but the only server I could find was RC:RP which has become a Freeroaming server with RP features.
You'd think people eventually get tired of LS, so can anybody tell me what is so special about LS that it's essentially the only area used in RP servers?
LS has pretty much everything for a server a modern environment, lots of places for social interaction, it has various ghetto parts which are useful for gang development, it pretty much has everything for your basic roleplay server.

Now as you say the lack of county based roleplay servers, well you see ls-rp peaks at around 600 players right? They're not all in Los Santos you have biker gangs located in BlueBerry with a LOT of roleplay and people there. You al have various faction threads for Fort Carson there's an actively growing community there with a lot of players roleplaying there.

The problem with roleplay servers based in these towns are, players will become bored and they can't really leave say Fort Carson for any roleplay because there is none. With a server such as LSRP you'll have a lot of different members interested and create accounts just to play in that town. This just hasn't happened in Fort Carson but also in Angel Pine we've had some great RP going.

Like this thread isn't going to get buried just like the rest of the threads? What makes this thread differ from the others?

They can just use the search function to solve their question, making another thread isn't going to solve it. It might, for a week or so until the thread lies in page 3/4.

Oh, I wanted to see this thread

Well, imo, I terhink if you are developing a roleplay server, always PLAN before you start developing. As I saw almost every custom roleplay project go dead-end.

My opinion on qualities is kind of the same as Khanz, and really, probably the server with the most realistic environment is LS-RP (yeah, I am currently registering over it ).

And yeah, I hope SAMP developers make a new program which removes all the shitty NGRP edits servers off the chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawPaw
Посмотреть сообщение
They can just use the search function to solve their question..
Yes because people actually do that, right?
Also, we thought the Chat Topic in the Dutch section would die out too, but it is now the biggest thread on this whole forum.

PS:
Khanz, most servers don't really have anything in the counties other than gang hideouts, which sucks. Though ofcourse it would be awesome to have an RP server which uses the whole map instead of one location..
I wonder if a server like that already exists..

Quote:
View Post
Yes because people actually do that, right?
And people are actually going to read this, right?
This thread is probably the best to refer to, https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=484275

pointless, nobody is going to read this and you're gonna ruin conversations

stop shitposting plz

Quote:
View Post
This thread is probably the best to refer to, https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=484275
That thread is pure bullshit, of how OP is butt hurt.

Anyways it's finally nice to have a main thread where we can chat.

Quote:
View Post
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=508174

I don't understand why some RP server owners insist on adding things like "dynamic gates" or "lots of admin commands" to the server ad. How does the player benefit from this in anyway? It's pointless IMO.

Listing things that benefit the player's character would be more useful, such as "you can own 3 bank accounts" or "there are many fun jobs to earn money from".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
View Post
I don't understand why some RP server owners insist on adding things like "dynamic gates" or "lots of admin commands" to the server ad. How does the player benefit from this in anyway? It's pointless IMO.

Listing things that benefit the player's character would be more useful, such as "you can own 3 bank accounts" or "there are many fun jobs to earn money from".
So they can make money from the dynamic gates.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Oeh, smart move!

Yeah you are right. There are no server located in RC Flint,Bone and Angel Pine. BUT if someone creates one "Fully reallistic" It cannot be. Because point of Country RP is to do country stuff. Farming,keeping animals ect..
Here is an example of a some country server. ("We offer you a fully realistic country RP!" Few seconds later you see mafia dealers,gang bangers,gun and drug dealers and people driving Turismo,Infernus,Bullet ect.)

IMO. If someone creates a country rp it should be a COUNTRY rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
View Post

Dynamic gates and admin commands are the first 'advanced' thing those 12 year olds learn to make(Edit into their downloaded GM), so they are proud of their 'achievements' and wanna bloat about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah you are right. There are no server located in RC Flint,Bone and Angel Pine. BUT if someone creates one "Fully reallistic" It cannot be. Because point of Country RP is to do country stuff. Farming,keeping animals ect..
Here is an example of a some country server. ("We offer you a fully realistic country RP!" Few seconds later you see mafia dealers,gang bangers,gun and drug dealers and people driving Turismo,Infernus,Bullet ect.)

IMO. If someone creates a country rp it should be a COUNTRY rp.
Oh yeah, I've joined in one of those RP servers before. After finishing a thousand questions on register, when I spawned I saw some mafia guys driving a fully modified Sultan on Bone County and shooting people with it. One of the reasons why I hate roleplay servers.

There is currently no server wich can be called *Realistic RolePlay* .. Almost every new server nowdays Refunds or has a leaked NGRP script wich is hilarious.
But well i've like 3 months working on something wich i hope i can make it realistic enough for players to enjoy it.

Quote:
View Post
Like this thread isn't going to get buried just like the rest of the threads? What makes this thread differ from the others?

They can just use the search function to solve their question, making another thread isn't going to solve it. It might, for a week or so until the thread lies in page 3/4.
Because it's a combination of all of them which we can link people to. It's difficult to link people to the fragments of existing answers because they're all spread out over different threads, hence why I've made one big place for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold_Collins
View Post
There is currently no server wich can be called *Realistic RolePlay* .. Almost every new server nowdays Refunds or has a leaked NGRP script wich is hilarious.
But well i've like 3 months working on something wich i hope i can make it realistic enough for players to enjoy it.
You are completly right. And about the economy of the server. People who say they have realistic economy it's bullshit. I mean if you look nowdays on jobs. In my country people who have good jobs. GOOD JOB's they earn 1000$ Monthly. And IG for trucking you ear like 5000$ per run.. About cars. Let's say i want to buy a Vincent in some server. Okay it costs 5000$, It's cheap. If you look IRL let's say not just my country you would have to pay some biiiiiig time cash for it. (Because in my county $1 US dollar exuals 5 HRK. EX: 20$ US is 100 HRK so 5000$ US is big cash.) What im trying to say is that cars in server should be to cheap. EX: Use bike's at first. Maybe your feet. Cheapeast car IG should cost around 75.000$ IMO. Businesses are cheap in server aswell. So are houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
View Post
You are completly right. And about the economy of the server. People who say they have realistic economy it's bullshit. I mean if you look nowdays on jobs. In my country people who have good jobs. GOOD JOB's they earn 1000$ Monthly. And IG for trucking you ear like 5000$ per run.. About cars. Let's say i want to buy a Vincent in some server. Okay it costs 5000$, It's cheap. If you look IRL let's say not just my country you would have to pay some biiiiiig time cash for it. (Because in my county $1 US dollar exuals 5 HRK. EX: 20$ US is 100 HRK so 5000$ US is big cash.) What im trying to say is that cars in server should be to cheap. EX: Use bike's at first. Maybe your feet. Cheapeast car IG should cost around 75.000$ IMO. Businesses are cheap in server aswell. So are houses.
Normal vehicles and cheap vehicles prices IRL are from 1k to 8k as far as i know in my country and if we can speak about expensive vehicle luxus one as infernus/bullet/cheetah/turismo etc.. they can be compared with Ferrari/Lambo etc.. ingame so prices can be made around 80k or so even tho irl they cost milions. Businesses also usually cost more then 150k irl so yeah selling a 24/7 for example for 5M is stupid.
After all what's the fun on RPing in a server where you dont work to earn something, refund here refund there this shit will never end untile NGRP script is deleted from every single person lol.