How to set samp03svr which used the multicore CPU ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
Посмотреть сообщение
CPU is 4x2.4GHz
How is it possible that sa-mp server 1000 players play ? When my server with 300 players have 97% of CPU usage?
I guess you got 4 vCores. Thats a big difference compared to acutal physical cores. VPS and (usually) root servers use virtualization to run mutliple servers on a single physical machine (sometimes even dedicated servers are just virtual ones). So you actually share the CPU, RAM etc with other servers. So "vCores" usually got certian limits in speed and i/o operations so it doesnt slow down the other servers. "2.4 GHz" per vcore actually doesnt tell you anything about the real speed of the CPU, it might just give a very rough relative estimation when comparing it to vservers from the same hoster (e.g. 2.4 is about twice as 1.2ghz).
Thats a common problem with vservers. You just cant tell how fast it is in the end. Often even the support cant tell that, as its pretty hard to answer such a question.

So the best way to support more players would be to try different hosters. Dedicated servers are a good thing to try if you got the money, as you can get pretty good information about their hardware, and so get a good guess about how much players it could take. Even slow dedicateds will be faster than a fast VPS (unless they are "fake" virtual dedicateds)

Messages In This Thread