How to get players on RP Server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyDrAtIc
View Post
Explain. How to build a LOYAL community without even having players, you'll need an half brain to get my point...
Even though you made your point, Classical's fact still wasn't off topic, no idea how you would even think of so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyDrAtIc
View Post
Explain. How to build a LOYAL community without even having players, you'll need an half brain to get my point...
As to start with, Classical's post wasn't even near off-topic, hence why you shouldn't have brought it up. It sound rather dull, you always have someone trustworthy, would be quite awkward if you wouldn't.

Keep punishing them, have a unique admin team and not people who can not speak English properly and of course they must know what each command does. Don't give $10.000.000 as a refund, having a server with very big refunds will get a lot of people but after few days it will fall. P.S. These players who are going to join will have no idea what RP Means.

It's about the right way how you advertise your server and the features it has, also by the name you choose for your community. Poorly made advertisements, all text in bold, colorful just automatically drags me away from it. Name of your community? Should be simple, but appealing. For an example; name like 'real-life roleplay' in most of times, already speaks for the standards of the server.

As somebody who runs a roleplay server and obtained 70 account creations in 24 hours, the 3 main questions people asked when they joined is...

"Can I be admin?"

"Can I be server mod?"

"Can I have a refund?".

All 3 questions were usually answered with "No". However, we did offer a free house and car to new users. Out of the 120 accounts made over the last week, I haven't seen anybody return.

It's not easy, but we are only in beta, testing features. The key is originality, give them something other RP servers don't.

There's many diffrent things you have to look at when opening a RP server. Here are a few;

- Is my script what they want?
- Will they get the same experience as every other server?
- Will I crack under pressure, and give them everything they want?

You have to ask yourself abit of questions. Advertising is a great way but you have to keep in mind; People on play when others play. No one wants to log into a server that has 3 people online.

Well, advertising is the keyword.

Well there is many reasons to open up a great server but I'm gonna list some key stuff

Advertising

In order to retrieve some what of a player base you must have friends who are involved in the San Andreas Multiplayer community already, when I first started my server I mass message my friends on Skype and all my close friends who had more friends who were involved kept on spreading the word, therefore creating a train of advertising but beside that posting a simple and well designed San Andreas Multiplayer advertisement which catches peoples eye will attract players.

Staff Team

You have to make sure your staff team is well trained and is on point and they must not be lazy. Nobody likes to come into a server where the staff team is full of corruption and the owner doesn't want to do anything, make sure you listen to players and don't hire your friends into staff team cause if they fuck up and you have to remove them they will begin to hate you and spread stupid shit about your server, cause your players to leave. Make sure you do not give people the benefit of the doubt and take your rules serious if you are starting up a serious server. Also make sure your staff team is 1:3 not 3:1. For example don't have 10 players and 50 staff members.

Scripting

I'm not sure about you but if you want to attract the good-side of the San Andreas Multiplayer Roleplay community, you have to create something that is unique and that you never seen before. Myself, I really get bored of playing on NGG edits and if you play on NGG edit there is two things you want to do. 1. Retrieve a staff position and be corrupt as fuck, and give yourself items. 2. DM and just join to break rules and if you don't get your way you choose the next option. 3. DDOS. So make sure your script is up to the standards of your role-play and gives the players something to do no matter what.

Proper Ownership

A lot of people make this mistake but do not have over 2 owners and make sure you guys always agree. If you guys get in an argument and you end up fucking with him the other owner, he will probably fuck you over in some sort of way. So get the right Ownership & Management.

Thats it for now but there is other key features that most people will point out on this thread.