How to get players on RP Server?

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering what can bring Players to your RP Server?Increasing punishments Will work? If player got ajailed 20 Minutes for DM They will just leave, We already know the basics.

Part of it is not revealing how you get players or help other servers with direct tips - less competition will usually result in more players.

Apparently, you don't know the basics..

Refunds mate, when they log in give them 200k. WE WANT REFUNDSSS !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGGGeNNdA
View Post
No. No. Unique man, it must be unique.

Quote:
View Post
No, don't use this method at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Einstein
View Post
No. No. Unique man, it must be unique.
I don't know about you, but I want some money and a minigun or sawnoffs when I enter a RP server.

Alright, here's what you do:
1.Send $1337 to this Paypall account: 4wes0mM4rket1ngSk1llz420.
2.Watch as players flood your server in awe due to my awesome marketing skills.
3.Set up donation service.
4.Swim in the money you've started earning because of players.

PS:
Seriously, though. You can only make your server successfull by posting an advert on the advertisment board and making the server as unique and interesting as possible.
You can also make video's demonstrating your server functions and post them on the screenshots/videos board.

Quote:
View Post
Don't forget the dildos. I Want to go around whipping people until they get angry and decide to kill me. :[

Just tell them that they can do what they want when they want but it must be ICly and RP if not then just dont go full on like 20 mins OOC jail just fine them e.g $200 IG dollars something like that.

Contrary to popular belief, refunds actually drive away people on RP servers. If I enter an RP server and I'm already rich (10k+) chances are its an LS server and I'll never play it again. Only a handful of LS servers make it to stardom. If you really want players, make your shit unique. And not 'post-apocalyptic zombie' unique, because thats not unique, its cliche. But to me, anything not in LS is unique.

We want:

* Unique
* Auto Refunding
* Auto Gold VIP
* Cars
* Hring Faction Leaders
* Hiring Gang Leaders
* Hiring Admins

If we see this at server, Im sure they will join and stay and observe the owner activetity. If the owner is active they will stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmeeed
View Post
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering what can bring Players to your RP Server?Increasing punishments Will work? If player got ajailed 20 Minutes for DM They will just leave, We already know the basics.
If they leave they had no intentions of following rules or roleplaying anyways so why allow rulebreakers on your server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7309
View Post
Just tell them that they can do what they want when they want but it must be ICly and RP if not then just dont go full on like 20 mins OOC jail just fine them e.g $200 IG dollars something like that.
Not sure if trolling?

There's actually no goddamn point to fine and in-game prison players for rule breaking! Those money were earned IC'ly, taking it off them OOC'ly would just be plain MG.
Why imprison rule breakers? Force them to stay online doing nothing but afk'ing in a mapped interior filling up your player slots? You can simply ban them for an amount of time, if they would like to communicate with others they can join TS3 or iRC.

Focus on building a community, a loyal one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical
View Post
Focus on building a community, a loyal one.
Pretty much off topic

Mass RP-related discussion thread
To get players you need:
- Good web design/forum design
- Good staff/helpers
- Good Quality of custom rp script
- Donators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
View Post
- Donators
sure lol id love to see everyone on the server running with a tank they donated $1 for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyDrAtIc
View Post
Pretty much off topic
What part of it don't you get? Having a solid community enables you to get more players? It's kind of a no-brainer since no one wants to join a negative community. Useless comment on your part, but I'll pretend you didn't say anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical
View Post
What part of it don't you get? Having a solid community enables you to get more players? It's kind of a no-brainer since no one wants to join a negative community. Useless comment on your part, but I'll pretend you didn't say anything.
Explain. How to build a LOYAL community without even having players, you'll need an half brain to get my point...