[mysql] how logically save race times?

Hey, guys this might be a stupid questions but i want your guys opinion. So do i save every single players race time into the database every time they finish the race, or do i just update what was already there for the specific race? The first option i think would be better, but wouldnt it overload the database?

Do you even know basic mysql or pawn?

You need help with what? show us ur function and stuff

mysql database doesnt overload... your server is not samp-rp or ****** dont worry

I know mysql and pawn, been in SAMP for a while. I was just asking if it would be to much if i kept putting their race time, after their each race. I am going to show it on the website, thats why i wanted to know. If it doesnt overload database, then great.

Ask the same question again when you reach a million rows in your table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-R
Посмотреть сообщение
I know mysql and pawn, been in SAMP for a while. I was just asking if it would be to much if i kept putting their race time, after their each race. I am going to show it on the website, thats why i wanted to know. If it doesnt overload database, then great.
Tables can hold upto even trillions of rows. It's been made for that reason - to store a large amount of data. That is why SQLite has been included into SA-MP - because a small server like this doesn't need MySQL. Also, for the reason you said, use foreign keys if possible. There's a tutorial Vince made, check it out.