ArcheAge open beta (til. the 8th)

For those who don't know yet, ArcheAge is open beta until the 8th of September and is scheduled to open on the 16th. If you're looking for a new game to play this weekend, I highly recommend giving this a try. I've been part of the closed beta and this one (open beta) so far and I've been having a blast.

If you don't know what ArcheAge is, it's basically a pirate/naval themed MMORPG which has limitless features and has some of the most epic game play experiences I've seen in a long time.

Here's the trailer:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSQPhsys6M[/ame]

And a PvP gameplay video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYbFo7UNj58[/ame]

Also, while it offers advantages for those who invest real money in kits, all of mentioned "advantages" are available in the auction house for in-game gold so please keep P2W arguments/rants away as it's not P2W at all.

This is more like Pirates Of The Carribian movie, or whatever it's called, sounds pretty interesting, I will play it.

World really needs another asian wow clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellnik
Посмотреть сообщение
Who are you talking about? Why are ya' so mad and racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellnik
Посмотреть сообщение
Comparing this with WoW would be stupid, clearly you haven't actually tried the game yet. I play both WoW and GW2 and they're nothing like ArcheAge.

is this any better than Pirates of The Carribean Online(POTCO) that closed down in 2012? I really missed that fucking game, I'll definitely try this out!

I would love to try it out, but it's gonna take me ages to download 30 GBs with 50 kb/s ;.;.

I'm an Alpha player and I love this game. I've been playing the Alpha for 3 weeks, been a participant in all of the beta's and I have to say. After a shit load of hours, I still enjoy every bit of this game!

Music reminds me a lot of SimCity 4

BEST game i've every played, judging from the videos is shit.. you have to actually play this game to realize how good it is.. & the graphics is so op *the reason i don't really play sa-mp anymore* o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4Life
Посмотреть сообщение
BEST game i've every played, judging from the videos is shit.. you have to actually play this game to realize how good it is.. & the graphics is so op *the reason i don't really play sa-mp anymore* o.o
It was good until it pretty much became p2w

From non-p2w to p2w.. GG.

It seems interesting Is it necessary to have a very good computer to handle the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis
Посмотреть сообщение
It seems interesting Is it necessary to have a very good computer to handle the game?
not necessarily. I played it on a GT 610, but I had to lower the resolution to 1280. I was able to turn HDR on though, which is important imo. Makes the game looks the way it's intended to. Even then, I was playing at 25-30 fps, which is playable by my standards. It's an MMO, so FPS and very rare stutters don't really ruin the experience. Ping however is the most important aspect

Give it a try. It's F2P so you have nothing to lose. But you'll prolly give up due to p2w aspects of it sooner or later, the game was great while it lasted. I crafted a Harpoon Clipper then realized I was wasting time so I quitted along with my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
not necessarily. I played it on a GT 610, but I had to lower the resolution to 1280. I was able to turn HDR on though, which is important imo. Makes the game looks the way it's intended to. Even then, I was playing at 25-30 fps, which is playable by my standards. It's an MMO, so FPS and very rare stutters don't really ruin the experience. Ping however is the most important aspect

Give it a try. It's F2P so you have nothing to lose. But you'll prolly give up due to p2w aspects of it sooner or later, the game was great while it lasted. I crafted a Harpoon Clipper then realized I was wasting time so I quitted along with my friends
Wannabe Lineage game though(p2w).. Why you have to do an amazing game so p2w... this game seems very interesting i just lost my interest ugh..

I have tried the game and it's just AWESOME like xF4Life said you have to play it to enjoy all features
the only thing I don't like on this game is that my screen is filled with maps , announcements, chat , skills , quests etc...
Would be better if there was a hotkey to show/hide them but yeah I love this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori_Komeiji
Посмотреть сообщение
It was good until it pretty much became p2w
It's not really p2w, you can run trade packs or fish(like me) for your gold.. also grind turtles
I'm a 4k dr & i've never spend a cent on the game lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
I have tried the game and it's just AWESOME like xF4Life said you have to play it to enjoy all features
the only thing I don't like on this game is that my screen is filled with maps , announcements, chat , skills , quests etc...
Would be better if there was a hotkey to show/hide them but yeah I love this game
Actually, you can hide those & also put them in another screen position as you like..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4Life
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not really p2w, you can run trade packs or fish(like me) for your gold.. also grind turtles
I'm a 4k dr & i've never spend a cent on the game lol
It is p2w. You can't deny that. You're not obiliged to pay, but you'll always find someone who dropped money on it and has more advantages than you because of it. It's pretty much like APB Reloaded.