[HELP] Microsoft Excel Mapping Creator

Hello everyone
I know it sounds weird, so, please, read it all...

I want to make a map like this:

with ONLY walls, floor and ceiling.

We know the usual wall ( e.g. iten id 19358 ) has a fixed sized, and the long wall ( e.g. iten id 19450 ) has 3x the usual wall size. So, I tought to develop a tool, or even a gamemode to build a map easier with grid / fixed sizes.

So, first thing I made this map plant on excel on a grid, as you can see:

my idea was to make a formula on excel to write, for exemple, 1 when I have a wall on left, 2 when I have a wall on right, 3 bottom, 4 up, 5 if nothing (so I know I have to put a door wall)

Of course I'll have to make some edits latter, like the material on each wall, maybe some fixes... but OF COURSE IT WOULD HELP A LOT

I think to make a map based on a grid design is too obvious to me be the first to think about it, so I believe that maybe anyone already found this solution, does anyone know how to do that or if there is already a solution for that?

thank you guys

I think something like that is possible, but hard to achieve with pawn. Something like that would require creating Excel reading plugin in C++.

I don't need to read excel if I can make excel write numbers where we have brackets...
On excel I make grid become numbers
On pawn I make numbers become walls

But I don't know how to do that on excel, or if there is a better way to do that

bump
anyone knows anything about that?

bump
anyone knows anything about that?

It's annoying that you've bumped this only an hour ago... and have gone offline, as I would like to discuss this with your properly as it isn't a bad idea. I could help you create it. First however we need to work out the length of an actual wall object... saying the longest one is 3x the size of the shortest one is useless information.

The length of the object HAS to be in map co-ordinates in order for us to calculate where the next object should go, or the rotation on the object in order to apply the walls together seamlessly. This should then be made to poop out offset code, which we could then make the central position or one of the corners of that room. In order to place co-ordinates for that position, and which will be added to the offset position making it simple to move around in game.

However, this is why I would like to talk to you in Skype... as I'm no excel genius. I could help you along the way, along with others. Which would get you to your goal faster. It's mainly the mathematical problem of measuring the objects, and pooping out their positions in offsets in Excel as you have said before.

I would however guess that you'd need to put a symbol or a value in a cell, as I don't for the life of me know how to export bolder lines than other lines. Let alone calculate them in a mathematical solution. I don't think Excels you use boldness as an operator xD.

This is also in the wrong section, hence why you'd had to bump this several times. This should be in "discussion", which would mean this wouldn't be lost every few hours in posts for help.