things to keep in mind, while coding!

what am I trying to accomplish?
I am trying to push for a new sub-forum, a very detailed and always up-to-date sub-forum. where information from other sub-forums/threads could be organized and also explains in very good detail. making every single thread useful and a must read. no longer will amazing tutorials or great advice/code will be wasted. (or you know... skipped)

this will also be perfect for old threads, I will personally to go over each and every thread if needed and I will extract as much useful information as I can. and if possible we could place this in one place where everybody can see
. people will no longer have to keep going back and back to very old threads. just to see if there is any useful information they could learn from.
( keep in mind I am human, a human that needs rest and a lot of Red Bull)

Why?
to keep everything organized, clean, easy to find, easy to update and also no longer will great code/advice be hidden/wasted inside a crappy thread on page number (55)

Sub-forum description
Warning: I will just describe what they will accomplish

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
We could also have, feature explanations... for the more complex features.

We could have an UPDATED common object ID list thread.

We could have a useful textures thread.

We could have how to upgrade to the best threads (although these exist, may duplicate or quote them... or just rewrite them).
-we could also have a thread that will keep players informed about things that they should know about. "example if you restart your modem and you have DSL you will automatically get a new IP address"

Useful functions

-a very detailed list of things you should not forget while you're coding, from things that are easily forgotten that cause errors. to huge security holes.
Quote:

OnPlayerCommandText requires 0 to be returned if a command isn't found, so that the callback will search through the other loaded scripts for an existing command. Returning 1 signals that the command has been found and the callback does not require calling in other scripts. This is different for other callbacks such as OnPlayerConnect, in which 1 must be returned for it to be called in other scripts. This is not the case for any other callback

-------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You could flag these errors, as atleast when I was more active on the forum these would pop up atleast once a day: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=59486

All I think of those errors in Scripting still exist, and workarounds need to be made. You could detail the work around and give the code snippets. (would require an entire thread really, which is why you need a sub-forum).

You could make Plugin/Include recommendations, along with speed comparisons with the ones you are recommending (would require an entire thread really, which is why you need a sub-forum).

I can't think of much else it's 04:10 . But theres so much you can put here, and it would load soo much... it would be better a sub-forum :P.

[Saved]
I know the format sucks and everything but I would like to wait a while before fixing everything nice and neat as there might already be a thread already made for this.

Feel free to post any suggestions .
I will not call you an idiot nor will I embarrass you

As this thread will follow the (if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all) rule

We do have one of these topics, although you make a valid point. A lot of threads on here don't give clear and concise titles, or give you code. Or they give you code, and no information and expect you to poop out the answer.

You can find this thread here, https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=507416 although your point isn't directly in that thread. It's been referenced from here: http://blog.jerryorr.com/2014/04/sol...st-asking.html

Which no one ever clicks it, or they never read that thread all together and never follow it. It wouldn't hurt to directly quote that article, but ****** the thread owner hasn't done that, the 3 main points of that being this however:

1.Thoroughly search ****** (and any other available non-human resources).
2.Write a concise example demonstrating the problem.
3.Explain any failed attempts to solve the problem.

I will be fixing the thread right now but due to the fact that I'm using a phone it may take a while,

I don't think you saw my point, I don't mean to be rude. I mean a thread describing how a question should be formatted has already been made for this section and most others. You can find it above all these questions threads, called "How to ask good questions?", which the title on that thread even is stupid as it doesn't say "Posting Format" or something along those lines to make people read it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
We do have one of these topics, although you make a valid point. A lot of threads on here don't give clear and concise titles, or give you code. Or they give you code, and no information and expect you to poop out the answer.

You can find this thread here, https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=507416 although your point isn't directly in that thread. It's been referenced from here: http://blog.jerryorr.com/2014/04/sol...st-asking.html

Which no one ever clicks it, or they never read that thread all together and never follow it. It wouldn't hurt to directly quote that article, but ****** the thread owner hasn't done that, the 3 main points of that being this however:

1.Thoroughly search ****** (and any other available non-human resources).
2.Write a concise example demonstrating the problem.
3.Explain any failed attempts to solve the problem.
noted, but also I want you to make this thread because....well have you ever seen a thread about a subject and everybody keeps posting and posting, and on the 10th page. there is 1 post in the middle of that page that has great information but will never be seen again due to the fact that people would have to read 9 pages to get to it

That's true, and most programming sites insist that if you learn something... or have tried something new. You should update the main thread to describe what you have tried, and any new code you post etc etc. Which if that's one of the reasons your making this thread I'll push this thread forward with you.

In which case actually +REP.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think you saw my point, I don't mean to be rude. I mean a thread describing how a question should be formatted has already been made for this section and most others. You can find it above all these questions threads, called "How to ask good questions?", which the title on that thread even is stupid as it doesn't say "Posting Format" or something along those lines to make people read it.
this thread isn't about how to ask a question or even ask any question, it's a thread with great information that would be missed due to being pages and pages into the thread.

Oh then I quit xD. Ask for moderation over this thread only however, as I've spammed it quite frankly and my posts will need to be deleted, plus other peoples post so you can categorise these information slices somehow. To be fair if your willing to extract useful information and put it out to the world. You should be given admin rights over a single forum where you can make your own locked threads where you can name them MySQL etc. PM ****** to ask, I doubt you'll be allowed to however.

EDIT: To your post below mine... I don't know... Theres so much information that could go here. You really need a sub-forum where you can make your own threads with things like MySQL, or Y_INI... information snippet threads.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's true, and most programming sites insist that if you learn something... or have tried something new. You should update the main thread to describe what you have tried, and any new code you post etc etc. Which if that's one of the reasons your making this thread I'll push this thread forward with you.

In which case actually +REP.
Thanks for your support!
Any ideas on how the layout should be?
or as I called it "the format"