[SutD] SA-MP: Surviving the Dead - First gameplay trailer

It has been more than a month now since I restarted developement of my 4 years old project. And heres finally the first trailer showing actual gameplay. I had to cut out some stuff to keep it short, originally I wanted to create a pure gameplay video without any cuts, but the footage is 25 minutes long and so uninteresting to watch. If anyone is interested, Id upload the raw unedited video anyways.

The video starts with the first mission intro, including a story introduction, and ends with finishing the first quest. It mainly shows NPC combat situations, but also some of SutD's special features, like rifle-mounted grenade launchers, nightvision/ir rifle sights, NPC bomber support, and parts of the new GUI (note that especially the GUI in the video is not final yet). The video just shows me playing, but thats just because it is easier to record. The gamemode itself is purely cooperative with others, and not a single-player game.

For more information visit http://www.mauzen.org/sutd/ thats the developement blog and contains pretty much all information and links to information about SutD. Ill also announce it on that website when the testserver goes public.

OMG. Quality coding by Mauzen!

Those zombies seem kind of hard to kill, but overall looks great, I would definitely play on a server like that.

What. The. Fuck. That's ... wow.

Really cool!..
Looks really fun to play too.

Looks amazing, especially that great intro followed by that amazing zombie NPC system, amazing job, a server like this could get a lot of players.

Just. Pure awesome. Cant wait.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
View Post
Those zombies seem kind of hard to kill, but overall looks great, I would definitely play on a server like that.
With the final balancing they should be even harder to kill. The goal of the final gamemode isnt to level up your character and collect better equip, but actually to survive and finish the mission. At higher difficulties this will be absolutely impossible without the right teamplay and tactical fine-tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
Looks amazing, especially that great intro followed by that amazing zombie NPC system, amazing job, a server like this could get a lot of players.
The gamemode concept drastically limits the amount of players it can have, there wont be more than 10-12 players online at a time on a server, everything else wouldnt work with my intention to create a gamemode focused on tactical gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
Thanks for the feedback so far!

With the final balancing they should be even harder to kill. The goal of the final gamemode isnt to level up your character and collect better equip, but actually to survive and finish the mission. At higher difficulties this will be absolutely impossible without the right teamplay and tactical fine-tuning.

The gamemode concept drastically limits the amount of players it can have, there wont be more than 10-12 players online at a time on a server, everything else wouldnt work with my intention to create a gamemode focused on tactical gaming
Create a lobby system, that's what I did for my project server. It shouldn't have more than 16 players in a game so I created lobbies and synced missiles and shit based on lobbies. You can easily do this with your NPC streaming system.

What's with the "STD" above the weapon icon?