[Map] Infinite bridge around SA

Troll your server's players by making them drive this endless bridge! Tell them there's a reward at the end of the bridge and watch them go crazy, fun guaranteed!

The angle between two bridge elements is only 0.35 degrees, so they won't notice the bridge is bending.

Code: http://pastebin.com/Wq3RCpKQ

Just be careful that your own admins won't ban you when they find out it's a circle.

Interesting.

It would be interesting if it was connected to the actual GTA SA map...

Must've taken time to do o.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayC
Посмотреть сообщение
Must've taken time to do o.0
If he drew a perfect circle to just touch the world boundaries, I doubt it was made by hand. It's a matter of math, if you do the calculations just right.

How long to cross it in infernus? ^ ^
great work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad45123
Посмотреть сообщение
It would be interesting if it was connected to the actual GTA SA map...
The whole point of the map is to keep people from knowing it's a circle, they would find out about it when they drove one round and reach the connection with SA again.

Like HeLiOn_PrImE said, it was indeed made by calculations so it was only a matter of minutes to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloctro
Посмотреть сообщение
How long to cross it in infernus? ^ ^
great work
I haven't tried to complete it with an infernus, but it took about 45 minutes at full speed with a sultan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FRAG]B
Посмотреть сообщение
Like HeLiOn_PrImE said, it was indeed made by calculations so it was only a matter of minutes to make it.
So how exactly did you obtain the coordinates for each object?
From what I found out the radius is about 3000 units.
From that we can calculate the entire length of the circle, which will tell us how many road pieces will be used (depending on the object's length).
But then what? You have a tool, I guess? Just curious....

The radius is actually 19,980 units if I'm not mistaken. The distance from the center of the map to the world boundries is 20,000, but I had to use a smaller radius so the boundry wouldn't be in the middle of the bridge. You were probably thinking about 3,000 cause that's the distance from the center to the oceans.

Based on the radius and the length of one bridge element you can find how many bridge elements you'll need. I didn't do that by calculating the circumference of the circle (and dividing it by the length of one bridge element), because you should see it as a regular polygon instead of a perfect circle. In this polygon I used goniometry calculations in the triangles to find the amount of sides.

Once you know that, you can easily find the angle between two bridge elements and again with goniometry you can calculate all of the coordinates for the objects. I did all of this in Excel. One tricky thing with the object I used was that one bridge part connected to another had to be rotated 180 degrees, and then moved a bit (cause the center of the object is not the center of the bridge for some reason), so they would nicely connect. Cause of that I had to make two seperate polygons and fit them into eachother.

Now that all players that have read this threat wont be fooled by the bridge, you might as well release the map XD

Its a nice and funny idea..i would drive on it with some setvehiclevelocity fun