Survival Features

Hello,
I've started working on a survival server a while ago and im nearly finished.
I'm slowly running out of ideas and im not that that open minded haha.
So that's why I would like to hear from you guys what you would be interested in seeing back in a survival server.
This server is based on the game 'Rust' if any of you know it...
To give you a idea, you can chop trees for wood, mine stones, skin deers for cloth and meat.
You can craft stuff like houses,vehicles,guns etc. Even a campfire to cook your raw meat.

Tell me what you would like to see in a survival server!

Thanks in advance.

I want to be able to invent my own food recipes and cook.

I would like to mount a deer and bitch slap all the other guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoraivoso3
Посмотреть сообщение
That's some good shit you got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoraivoso3
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes that's what every server needs >.>

Also, nice avatar Justin

Thanks, I knew my selfies would get appreciated.

Your desire to inspire other survival games is a good idea in my opinion.

But be aware there bring a touch of authenticity, news.
Must already consider basic systems, to pick up, throw, give, exchange objects.
Should some objects is a life, for example, a box concerve once opening is not consumable forever.
To create a clan, making its base protection.

You inspired Rust, but it's a game of survival against nature and animals, GTA, how you gonna do it? Against which we survive? What for? For what purpose? Requires that the server has a story.

Hoping you have some tips and more ideas.

bows and arrows :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexX39
Посмотреть сообщение
Your desire to inspire other survival games is a good idea in my opinion.

But be aware there bring a touch of authenticity, news.
Must already consider basic systems, to pick up, throw, give, exchange objects.
Should some objects is a life, for example, a box concerve once opening is not consumable forever.
To create a clan, making its base protection.

You inspired Rust, but it's a game of survival against nature and animals, GTA, how you gonna do it? Against which we survive? What for? For what purpose? Requires that the server has a story.

Hoping you have some tips and more ideas.
Thanks for your constructive comment!

Yes I have already made a system where you can share your loot to others(Dropping it).
A clan system has already been made and is functioning properly, however they dont have much benefits so I am still thinking about some other features to add for the clan system.

It is indeed hard to make it like Rust, infact, it's not possbile.
I'm just 'aiming' for Rust and trying to add some of their elements in this server.
You basically just survive against other players, the server is more DM than real survival, although you may struggle around to get food and water for surviving.

I've had made a server like this before and still have some old videos from it!(I'm updating the same script)
I'll only post this one about the 'survival against animals' (They are not actually a threat but more a interesting feature to help you with surviving.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTCYf...ature=*********

What makes it interesting is that there never is a limit. You can not end up with having everything from the game, the task is actually to try to last as long as you can with everything (Armory, food, house etc.) Everything you gain and create can always be taken from you and that's what makes it fun imo.

Edit: (Just noticed you were the one that PMed me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnater
Thanks for your constructive comment!

Yes I have already made a system where you can share your loot to others(Dropping it).
A clan system has already been made and is functioning properly, however they dont have much benefits so I am still thinking about some other features to add for the clan system.

It is indeed hard to make it like Rust, infact, it's not possbile.
I'm just 'aiming' for Rust and trying to add some of their elements in this server.
You basically just survive against other players, the server is more DM than real survival, although you may struggle around to get food and water for surviving.

I've had made a server like this before and still have some old videos from it!(I'm updating the same script)
I'll only post this one about the 'survival against animals' (They are not actually a threat but more a interesting feature to help you with surviving.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTCYf...ature=*********

What makes it interesting is that there never is a limit. You can not end up with having everything from the game, the task is actually to try to last as long as you can with everything (Armory, food, house etc.) Everything you gain and create can always be taken from you and that's what makes it fun imo.

Hello justinnater,
Sorry for the late reply, I'll have to subscribe to topic

And it's not a problem for me to give you some ideas and I think that is a very good idea to draw on some systems present on other games, similar to what you want to create.
But as you rightly said, we can't draw a completely different game. SA-MP has some limitations however.

And the video, I saw're so, well done !

Quote:
Yes ! Like DayZ, you must eat, drink and other something to survive but once stuffed, you do to go fight with others players and if you die, you need to restart ^^.

The ideal for me would be to, as I say're already use a system of objects and powerful inventories as Rust or DayZ with a multitude of items that you can craft.
For that, I think we must use the custom for add a new objects like tent, building for clan and other.

And, we must boost solidarity between the players to survive, you know ?
Slogan for your project : Help your neighbor and you will survive (You like that ? )

And I was thinking about getting two types of play :

Imagine a TextDraw menu at login with for example :

- "Play Standalone" (You put player in virtual world equals playerid with NPC or note, as you want). The player learns more about the server, controls, buttons and make different quests (A campaign missions like Gta San Andreas solo)

- Multiplayer (Like as you want to create)

In a way, you create two games in one.
But it's an idea to do to deepen and improve it.

Good day and do not hesitate to contact me, I'll be happy to test the progress of your project and provide a few ideas if you feel you need it.

Edit :

Quote:
Of course